Paypal Scam - Help?

Options
I made a purchase online for a digital item, that was supposed to have instant digital delivery.

However, the sellers never contacted me, and after multiple attempts at contacting their live support, they ignored me every time, ignored my emails, and so I went to file a dispute with Paypal.

Paypal reviewed the case, and said that "The item is ineligible for PayPal Buyer Protection because it is intangible".

So because the item is intangible, Paypal refuse to refund my money because they can't proove it was never sent, even though the seller is ignoring ALL communication with me.

What can I do?

Comments

• fivetide
    fivetide Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nothing I suspect. That's why I don't use eBay anymore because they force you to use PayPal and this stuff is far too common.

Just hope it wasn't too expensive a loss.

Of course if I'm wrong happy to be corrected. You might want to post this on the eBay board though. It isn't something CAB will be able to help with.
    What if there was no such thing as a rhetorical question?
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    you have left the seller negative feedback?
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • pooch
    pooch Posts: 828 Forumite
    Options
    mannaroth wrote: »
    I made a purchase online for a digital item, that was supposed to have instant digital delivery.

However, the sellers never contacted me, and after multiple attempts at contacting their live support, they ignored me every time, ignored my emails, and so I went to file a dispute with Paypal.

Paypal reviewed the case, and said that "The item is ineligible for PayPal Buyer Protection because it is intangible".

So because the item is intangible, Paypal refuse to refund my money because they can't proove it was never sent, even though the seller is ignoring ALL communication with me.

What can I do?

Whilst you are not eligible for the PayPal Buyer Protection as it was an intangible item, you can still pursue the supplier.

Decide if you think it'll be worthwhile. If so, LBA giving 14 days notice, then file a claim using moneyclaimonline :)
  • mannaroth
    Options
    It wasn't on eBay, it was from their own website. I just used Paypal as the payment option because I have experience with it being super safe..
  • fivetide
    fivetide Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If they are UK based then you can maybe use moneyclaim. If not you might well be down the cash. People who do this sort of thing tend to know how to get away with it I'm afraid.

The only other thing I can think of is browsing the forums on www.paypalsucks.com which is very US focused but does have help for people in the UK. They might know how you can escalate the claim.
    What if there was no such thing as a rhetorical question?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure