Change of circumstances after Divorce

Options
Hi
My husband made an agreement with his ex wife as part of their divorce agreement, through the courts, of paying her £400 per month from his pension fund,
"during their joint lives until the petitioner shall remarry or further order"

Would this include co-habiting, which we have just found out she is doing ( electoral Register). We don't know how long this has been for, although she has known him for many years.

If we can do anything about this payment, what would we need to do to get it stopped and maybe get a refund?

Many thanks
Veronica

Comments

• Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    Godiva500 wrote: »
    Hi
    My husband made an agreement with his ex wife as part of their divorce agreement, through the courts, of paying her £400 per month from his pension fund,

Would this include co-habiting, which we have just found out she is doing ( electoral Register). We don't know how long this has been for, although she has known him for many years.

If we can do anything about this payment, what would we need to do to get it stopped and maybe get a refund?

Many thanks
    Veronica

Co-habiting is not the same as marriage.
  • Godiva500
    Options
    I am aware of that, but was asking if we should go back to get the court order reviewed and a further order given by the court, as she now has financial support from a partner, and so her circumstances have changed? If this is possible, what is the best and cheapest way to do it, and can we get legal aid for this type of thing?
  • CAB_National_Representative
    CAB_National_Representative Posts: 220 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Godiva500 wrote: »
    Hi

Many thanks
    Veronica

Hi Veronica - as well as this not being an area that we cover at the moment, we'd strongly recommend that you get expert advice on the matter, especially as it sounds as if a legal agreement was put in place (a separation or maybe judicial one?). It sounds as if the terms and conditions of the arrangement need an expert review. If you contact you local bureau, they may be able to help with local contacts - as well as being help with advice.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure