How long can I stall DCA's?

Options
This is my first post, so hello and thankyou for everyone on here for some awesome tips and advice over the years.

My question relates to a number of debts that are now being handled by DCA's -

APEX Credit management = total outstanding £1119
ARC (obo QuickQuid) = £1900
Fredricksons (obo capital one) = £3900
Mackenzie Hall (obo Wonga) = £1300
RMA (obo Egg / barclaycard) = £2700

Yes, I fell into the trap of PDL's, credit cards and paying credit off with credit. My problem started several years ago and at my highest debt I owed over £40k... all I owe now is what is listed above :j. Its been a long and rocky road but the end is in sight... or at least it was..

I have been paying off the above DCA's over the last few months making all the agreed payments... problem now is that I have lost my job and while savings will cover the payments next month - after that I will only be able to have enough to make the essential bills (rent, council tax etc)

On the plus side, I have found a new job but dont start for a few months (in the new year).

Unfortunalty our family suffered a berevement a while ago. I am due to inherrit a sum that will make a dent in what i owe but due to a number of reasons, I am not likely to see any money from that for a few months.

So.. my question is this -

From experience, how likely is it that the DCA's will accept a token payment (say £5-£10) per month for six months?... or until I am in a position to settle or recommence my paymentplan.. which will be no more that 4-5 months?

Any views / your experiences will be gratefully recieved :beer:

Comments

• dfw1980
    Options
    I would like to add that I only made myseld start saving when I heard rumblings about job losses - I had a choice to put that money towards the debts or start saving for the inevitable... and im glad i did.
    The ammount saved isnt massive but will stretch until my employment starts again...
    thanks in advance for the advice on my question
  • shedhead55
    Options
    Legally no one can try to force you to pay more than you can afford, so if you send your current SOA to the DCA's along with your token offer and they refuse then you have grounds to ask the FOS to rule on the matter. As long as your SOA clearly demonstrates that token payments are all you can realistically afford then the chances are that the FOS will rule in your favour. If the DCA's try to mess you about then you should make your intention to take the matter to the FOS quite clear.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure