Working hours and overtime

Options
2»

Comments

• Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    itaylort wrote: »
    I think I'm painting them in a dark light and maybe doing them an injustice by doing so, as they do pay toil for hours past 5 pm and before 9am as a gesture and not by contract.
    My initial question was to ascertain if it was in fact true that they could make me work for no toil or extra pay over the 35

E

I am now completely confused as to the purpose of this thread, which appears to have now run it's course.
  • itaylort
    Options
    Thanks , the whole purpose was to find out if legally by contract I could be forced to work over 35 hours up to 48 without any extra pay or toil.
    My employers say they don't need to pay and can make me work for free which is what I can't believe to be true.
    So it was confirmation that they could is what I was after and I think in general the responses are yes they can although the ambiguity of the contract leads me to believe it can be perceived either way.

Thanks for all the replies.

E
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    Options
    As your employer pays "toil for hours past 5 pm and before 9am", you may be able to argue this has become accustomed practice should they attempt to remove this type of payment in the future without your agreement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure