Employer hasnt paid my tax rebate!!

Options
1235»

Comments

• chel29
    Options
    anyone know if i can report this to the police as theft?
  • YoYoY
    YoYoY Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    chel29 wrote: »
    anyone know if i can report this to the police as theft?

Yes, you can report the matter to the police if you feel you have been the victim of a theft.

I don't think the police will be interested though, as I see no evidence of any theft having occurred. But what have you got to lose? Give it a try. Do let us know how you get on.

I would suggest you seek independent legal advice on the matter.
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You might want to consider issuing a small claim via Money Claim Online - https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
  • chel29
    Options
    YoYoY wrote: »
    Yes, you can report the matter to the police if you feel you have been the victim of a theft.

I don't think the police will be interested though, as I see no evidence of any theft having occurred. But what have you got to lose? Give it a try. Do let us know how you get on.

I would suggest you seek independent legal advice on the matter.

but surely with holding my tax rebate money is theft? its my money that they have kept?

just seems whoever i talk to they are not interested and pass the buck but surely someone must take it seriously.
  • chel29
    Options
    lovinituk wrote: »
    You might want to consider issuing a small claim via Money Claim Online - www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

I thought about that but considering the employer can just ignore the court letter puts me off somewhat as i know for a fact im not the first person they have done this to.
  • Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can you not go down the Industrial Tribunal route?

Send your employer a letter before action giving them 7 days to pay your money or issue a small claim.

If they do ignore it and you get a judgement and they still ignore it, once the CCJ has been issued, you can then send Bailiffs around to collect goods to sell to get you your money.

If going down this route, you might want to seek new employment, although I would consider doing that anyway after the way they have treated you.
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    chel29 wrote: »
    Hi im hoping someone can help me here,

I worked from home doing telesales for a hotel company. Last year I was on BR tax for 8 months and when I got a new tax code i was told i would get a tax rebate.

This rebate amount of nearly £800 and was shown on my wage slip but I was never paid to me. I asked my employer for the money but they have ignored and made excuses. I have phoned the tax office and they say there is nothing they can do.

So I was issued a tax rebate on my wage slip but it has not been paid to me. What do I do now? It has been 6 months now and I still have not got my money.
    Sorry haven't been through all the messages. But from personal experience I would say ring the tax office again and ask them to verify you have paid correct tax. I have in the past and been given rebates.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure