Employer hasnt paid my tax rebate!!

Options

Comments

• chel29
    chel29 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    lovinituk wrote: »
    Well if your wage slips show deductions for tax but HMRC say you haven't paid any tax then something is not right!! Perhaps you need to be back on the phone to HMRC explaining this! Sounds like a right dodgy employer!

yes i think this might be the thing to do, i shall call them today and explain about my p60 not being received and why are they saying i havnt paid tax when its all on my wage slip. I have a feeling im not going to like the reply.
    thank you.
  • sandraroffey
    Options
    do please let us know how you get on. and google for the national min wage.
  • chel29
    Options
    do please let us know how you get on. and google for the national min wage.

i will let you know thank you. i googled the NMW and its £6.08ph so yes i have been getting below that amount it seems.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 September 2012 at 5:28PM
    Options
    It is the law that you are given a P60 in May of each year outlining your earnings/tax for the previous year.

Ask your employers for one.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    McKneff wrote: »
    When did you pay all this tax.

If you have only ever worked the 20 hours, you wouldnt have paid any.
    That's true - sorry, I missed the bit about the hours worked.
  • chel29
    Options
    lovinituk wrote: »
    That's true - sorry, I missed the bit about the hours worked.

i paid all that tax when i first started working for them, i was getting taxed about £20 a week x
  • chel29
    Options
    McKneff wrote: »
    It is the law that you are given a P60 in May of each year outlining your earnings/tax for the previous year.

Ask your employers for one.

once again i have asked for a p60 but never got one.
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I realsied aftewards about the BR tax code so I edited my post. If you were on BR and only paying £20 a week it must have taken them a hell of a long time to sort your tax code out.

It should be done within a couple of weeks of you starting. Keep at them for a P60 and guard your payslips and your bank statements with your life.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • dancingfairy
    Options
    I guess you need to speak to the tax office again and let them know what's going on. I forsee one of 2 options. Either they accept you have been taxed and go after your employer or they ask you to cough up again and say that you'll have to go after the employer. I sincerely hope that it is the former but you will need to get things straightened out.
    You also need to try and reclaim that 800 pounds back - perhaps the tax office can advise with this as well??
    Best of luck
    df
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
  • chel29
    Options
    Ok so i have rang the tax office several times and all they say is that they cant help me because the rebate was issued when they gave me a new tax code and then my employer got the amount of rebate to pay but didnt pay it, so its more of a case that they have stolen my money but declared to the tax office that its been paid!!!

they said try the C.A.B but i dont really know the way foward from here? do I take them to a small claims court or try another approach?
    help would be appreciated.

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family