Employer hasnt paid my tax rebate!!

Options

Comments

• sandraroffey
    sandraroffey Posts: 1,358 Forumite
    edited 14 September 2012 at 4:32PM
    Options
    perhaps they havent got the money to repay it to you. happens sometimes if they are broke!!!!!!

i know the tax office says that they cant do anything but have you told them that you havent been given a P60????? and i do believe that your rate of pay is less than the National minimum. and perhaps check with the national insurance people that your contributions have been paid to them??? sounds really dodgy i have to say.
  • chel29
    chel29 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    YoYoY wrote: »
    Is that not less than the NMW? :huh:

I have no idea what the NMW is lol im also owed a weeks wages still that i was sent a wage slip for and havnt been paid but im more interested in getting my tax rebate at the moment. im just so unsure of where i go to now!!
    I really appreciate all your help :o
  • YoYoY
    YoYoY Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    chel29 wrote: »
    I have tried for several months to call my employer but i only have an email address and the hotels phone number but my employer is rarely there and when they are they just say they are busy :(I cant visit them in person as im in milton keynes and they are in scotland lol I was informed months ago that im not allowed to contact their accountant either.I think (i think the accountant works all the wages out and pay slips bla bla and my boss pays the wages)
    I never got a p60 either :(
    I suggest you contact HMRC. They will be able to advise you who your employer is/was, and their address.

Maybe they also are based in Milton Keynes when they are not at the hotel in Scotland ;)
  • chel29
    Options
    perhaps they havent got the money to repay it to you. happens sometimes if they are broke!!!!!!

i know the tax office says that they cant do anything but have told them that you havent been given a P60????? and i do believe that your rate of pay is less than the National minimum.

I know they are not broke :-) because they own 2 hotels but I do know they have had several different limited company names that have dissolved in the past (good old google) lol

no thats a point I havnt told the tax office i havnt got a p60, do you think this would make a difference?
  • YoYoY
    YoYoY Posts: 281 Forumite
    edited 14 September 2012 at 4:36PM
    Options
    I have no idea what the NMW is lol im also owed a weeks wages still that i was sent a wage slip for and havnt been paid but im more interested in getting my tax rebate at the moment. im just so unsure of where i go to now!!
    I really appreciate all your help :o
    Try google for details of the NMW.

You may also find contact details of your employer there ;)

Not knowing what you are entitled to by law is not a laughing matter. It strikes me you are not taking this seriously so will log myself off.

Bye and take care :)
  • chel29
    edited 14 September 2012 at 4:44PM
    Options
    I suggest you contact HMRC. They will be able to advise you who your employer is/was, and their address.

Maybe they also are based in Milton Keynes when they are not at the hotel in Scotland ;)

i know they have a registered address in new market and they do alot of shows ect round the country so prob have been to milton keynes, it sounds as though im going to have to fight for this money eh!
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    because the tax office said something about they cant do anything as I havnt paid any tax
    Am I missing something here or has the employer not been passing your tax onto HMRC?!
  • chel29
    Options
    Try google for details of the NMW.

You may also find contact details of your employer there ;)

Not knowing what you are entitled to by law is not a laughing matter. It strikes me you are not taking this seriously so will log myself off.

Bye and take care :)

oh i do apologise but I did think 6ph was the NMW, I dont think its a laughing matter at all I just feel if i dont laugh i will cry.

well thanks for your help anyway.
  • chel29
    Options
    lovinituk wrote: »
    Am I missing something here or has the employer not been passing your tax onto HMRC?!

thats exactly what im thinking. how can i know for sure?
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thats exactly what im thinking. how can i know for sure?
    Well if your wage slips show deductions for tax but HMRC say you haven't paid any tax then something is not right!! Perhaps you need to be back on the phone to HMRC explaining this! Sounds like a right dodgy employer!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure