Bicycle accident claim?

Options
jlg1
jlg1 Posts: 166 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
edited 10 September 2012 at 2:21PM in Old Threads
Hi,

I just had a query with regard to a bike accident I had on 16th August this year.

Basically - I was out for a spin and took a road I know well - there had been road works further up this road - but no road signs on this particular stretch of road.

They had resurfaced the road but not the full width of it.

My front wheel went down the side of the newly surfaced road - (basically was a sort of "trench" and the front wheel caught and threw me sideways off the bike.

I had cuts and grazes on my hands and right thigh was badly scraped and bruised for a week. I needed 2 stitches in my right elbow.(I attended A and E for these)

Bike was damaged - approx £60 to repair.

There was no one else involved. I took pictures that evening of both my injuries and road itself as prove of the bad workman
ship.

I am wondering would I be able to claim compensation for this accident because there were no road markings (and the resurfacing was done very badly - for some reason not the full width of the road - which I cant understand?)

I had thought of phoning a solicitor but wanted some advice first if possible.

The road at present is still the same - so this appears to be the "finished" road surface which is far from safe. I have friends who even went down the side of the new road while driving. They agree the road was very badly re-surfaced.

I am self employed so work was not affected by this accident.

So if I can claim I am thinking its a pretty straight forward case - is that right?
Thanks a lot,
:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family