bennetts bike isurance

Options
hi i had a 1000cc honda insured with bennetts bike insurance they are brokers the actual company i was insured with was chaucer insurance i took out my policy on 2/4/12 at a cost of £120 iam swapping my bike but chaucers won't isure my new bike as it is 1300cc i was told by bennetts i would have to cancel my policy with chaucers and take out a new policy with a different company i was told i would get back £49 from the original policy but it would cost me £50 cancellation fee as it is not my fault that chaucers wont insure the new bike surely i shoud not have to pay the cancellation charge

Comments

• YoYoY
    YoYoY Posts: 281 Forumite
    edited 10 September 2012 at 4:33PM
    Options
    bikesteve wrote: »
    hi i had a 1000cc honda insured with bennetts bike insurance they are brokers the actual company i was insured with was chaucer insurance i took out my policy on 2/4/12 at a cost of £120 iam swapping my bike but chaucers won't isure my new bike as it is 1300cc i was told by bennetts i would have to cancel my policy with chaucers and take out a new policy with a different company i was told i would get back £49 from the original policy but it would cost me £50 cancellation fee as it is not my fault that chaucers wont insure the new bike surely i shoud not have to pay the cancellation charge

You took out an annual agreement with Chaucer in April via Bennetts to insure your Honda 1000cc motorcycle.

Who's fault is it that you no longer want/need this cover?

From Bennetts terms & conditions:
    3. What will you have to pay us for our services?

Cancellation Fee
    If you cancel within 14 days you will be charged a fee of £30. If you cancel your policy at any time after the first 14 days you will be charged a fee of £50.
    http://www.bennetts.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport