Mobile phone company bill default

Options
eze2410
eze2410 Posts: 4 Newbie
edited 8 September 2012 at 12:42PM in Old Threads
Here is my problem I recieved an unexpected very high bill from a Mobile phone company in early 2006 for £400. I contacted them stating that the bill was wrong and that I could not afford to pay the bill. If I remember right they had put me on to a new tariff/contract over the phone (I did not sign anything) but It was not explained to me that my call charges had increased and I lost inclusive minutes and txt, hence the high bill. I tried to explain that this was a error on thier part as my bill the month previous was £60ish and that was about my usual bill amount and from this they could see I am not a high user, but they were not willing to listen. I think a week later I recieved another bill from them but this time it said I owed them £600 and I think what happeded was they terminated the contact and billed me for the rest of the contract term £200ish. I did not reply to them on this So basically I heard nothing else from o2 no debt collecting agencies, no more bill reminders and no default notice.
Fast foward to now, I have preparing to apply for a mortage and I have done a credit check and this default has shown up on it. The default reads as follows

LENDER BALANCE UPDATED STATUS
O2 Uk Limited £ 600 01/08/2012 Default

Account type Telecommunications Supplier
Account number ******xxxxxxxxxx
Opening balance £ 600
Repayment frequency Monthly
Date of default 1/10/2006
Default balance £ 600

As I have already said the bill was from 2006 but on the report under the Updated heading it says 01/08/2012.
The questions I have are
1. is there anything I can do to remove this default.

2. if there is nothing I can to do to remove it should I wait it out untill the 6 years is up and hope it vanishes from my report.

3. After the 6 year period what actuallys happens in regards to the default. How do you get rid of it from your report.

4. Does the 6 years run from the intial default date or does it run from the Updated date.

5. if it runs from the updated date are they allowed to keep updating the report because what would be the point of this 6 years period thing because all debt owners/compnanies like o2 would just keep updating on the persons credit check.

Cheers in advance
eze2410

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills