Questions about service debt & my rights.

Options
2»

Comments

• CAB_Swansea_Bay_representative
    CAB_Swansea_Bay_representative Posts: 287 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Whelpton, thank you for your query regarding questions about service.
    It is difficult to ascertain on the information you have given whether the company did have the right to continue charging you as you ask because it would depend on any terms in the agreement and if there was no agreement whether they were still providing you with the service during this period. I would suggest you check all the correspondence/contacts with the company to see if any mention of cancellation terms and conditions and find out if they were still providing you with the service during this period. if the answer to both is no then I would suggest you write a letter of complaint requesting they cancel the invoices for the period in dispute which would provide the basis of your defence if the company decided to take legal action.
    Hope this is of assistance.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
  • bris
    bris Posts: 10,548 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    There is always a minimum term, and the problem is there is usually always a continuous payment authority for a further term if you don't cancel when the original term is up. It is up to you to cancel the agreement as per the T&C's, they are under no obligation to cancel them for you and will continue to bill you until you cancel. There will be no invoice, you take the service at the start and you know what you are paying every month, like a lot of other services, insurance, gyms etc there is only one invoice at the start and the payments are spread over the course of the contract.

Even after the debt collection referral has taken place they will continue to bill you for the remainder of the contract, and any further rolling contracts until you cancel.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure