PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Gingham's vegetarian menu planner SPRING

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• PinkOrganic
    Options
    Have been reading (and loving) the forum for a few days and already a galette fan, wanted to say thanks for the fab recipes :o) going to try some others next week too.

Also I make a carrot and red lentil soup v similar to the recipe you posted and its lovely, i sometimes add some mature cheddar once liquidised and re-heat to melt the cheese, makes it really smooth and creamy ;o) definitely worth a try.

thanks again x
  • Oompa_Loompa_2
    Options
    Croutons:

Cut unsliced bead into chunks. I make mine about an inch or more square and half an inch thick. Put some oil on a baking sheet and place the bread on it, then turn them, to coat. Put in 200 degree oven till crispy. It takes approx 10 minutes.

Add crushed garlic or dried herbs to the oil before adding the bread.

Do you think it would be okay to freeze these?
  • marrbett
    marrbett Posts: 1,798 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Am loving this thread. Thankyou so much for all the ideas.
  • hardpressed
    hardpressed Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Made the Gallette au chou which was sooo tasty. The 'pastry' bit reminded me of the bacon and onion pudding my mum used to make, which I always loved. I was thinking it would also be nice with leeks in place of the cabbage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport