Coronavirus: The latest from MSE
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides
FURLOUGH & ANNUAL LEAVE FAQ
GOVERNMENT "EAT OUT TO HELP OUT" DISCOUNT IN AUGUST
£5,000 ENERGY EFFICIENCY VOUCHERS FOR HOME OWNERS
NO STAMP DUTY ON PROPERTIES UP TO £500,00 UNTIL APRIL 2021
THE 70 BEST AND WORST TRAVEL COMPANIES FOR REFUNDS
Beginner's Guide to the forums
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
5 things to get you started with the vbulletin forums.
Check out the UserCP
Most of the things you’ll want to change can be found by clicking User CP. Most of these settings are also available from the Quick Links menu.
There are a few options you’ll probably want to change...
2Edit OptionsThere are 6 important options you might want to change straight away by clicking Edit Options from the User CP
1. Ticking either of these boxes will allow other users to have access to your email address
2. Do you want to be notified when a topic you're interested in has been responded to? (Click here for more information)
3. Do you want other users to be able to contact you through the Private Messaging system? (Click here for more information)
4. You can choose here if you would like to see other users signatures, avatars and posted images. If you select not to see images in peoples posts, they will appear as a link instead - so you can still see them by clicking the link.
5. You can change how many posts are seen per page here. If you are on broadband, you might want to change this setting to 40. Then you will not have to click Next Page nearly as often
6. One of the most important thing you can do to help you post replies is to change the interface to Enhanced. You will have full access to text formatting controls and you will be able to post smilies and images quickly (Click here for more information)
3Learn how to Search
Learning how the forum Search works may save you a lot of time.See this guide on how to search the forums effectively
4Learn how Subscriptions workSubscriptions help you keep track of the threads you have replied to or are interested in.(Click here for more information)
If you want to be able to send and receive messages from other users then the Private Messaging system lets you do this without giving out your email address(Click here for more information)
This discussion has been closed.