Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Just received the following spam email

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Just received the following spam email

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
37 replies 3K views
Sublime_2Sublime_2 Forumite
15.7K posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
Just received the first spam email I've had in years:

Internationally located organization seeks for employe in the UK for representation work with part-time and full-time schedule options.
Relocation is not required, job seeker will operate from current location. Medical and travel fees compensation.
Must be motivated organized person, 18+ age. Compensation from 2500 pounds + commission earned.
Please, contact our HR department, we will answer in 1 days.
This is a great potential to make that next career step and get in involved with a people orientated business who offer clear career progression for their employees.
To receive more answers, please simply reply back to this email. You are free to attach your Resume for a confidential discussion.

Top News: spokane shocks the arizona rattlers, block their attempt to reach -.

I wonder if they get many responses. :)

Replies

• sublime wrote: »
    I wonder if they get many responses. :)
    More than this thread, they're hoping.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Just a question: Do you use the Playstation Network? And if you do, is the email address the spam was sent to the same one you use for signing to the PSN? Because tonight I received this email and it is the first ever spam email I have ever received to that email address, and it is also the one I use for PSN.
  • I rec'ed two yesterday and one this morning from the FBI. Apparently, I'm looking at naughty website and they need to talk to me:eek::rotfl:
    The shinbone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.
    :TBig thanks to all competition posters:T
  • free4440273free4440273 Forumite
    38.4K posts
    I just received one from the 'FBI' ! :laugh: :o
    BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? :shocked: OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

THE KILLERS :cool:

THE PUNISHER :dance: MATURE CHEDDAR ADDICT:cool:
  • I received similar email to an address I use only for Amazon. Very worrying as they have my name too. I have sent a message to Amazon customer service.
  • ICATQICATQ Forumite
    664 posts
    Email addresses can be harvested from websites without the host loosing the data through hacking.

Asking for a CV is a good way of getting personal details for identity theft.
  • robin_banksrobin_banks Forumite
    15.8K posts
    I get that all the time sub........
    "An arrogant and self-righteous Guardian reading [email protected]".

!!!!!! is all that about?
  • free4440273free4440273 Forumite
    38.4K posts
    I received similar email to an address I use only for Amazon. Very worrying as they have my name too. I have sent a message to Amazon customer service.

hi badger and welcome to mse :wave:
    BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? :shocked: OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

THE KILLERS :cool:

THE PUNISHER :dance: MATURE CHEDDAR ADDICT:cool:
  • ICATQ wrote: »
    Email addresses can be harvested from websites without the host loosing the data through hacking.

Usually, yes.
    However, my public profile on Amazon (wishlist etc) uses a different address to my main account. It's the private address and my initials and surname that the spammers have. I may be wrong (in fact I hope I am) but I don't think you can get that info through normal use of the site.
    I had a similar thing happen with Play.com a few weeks ago - it was discussed at length on this site and Play.com took appropriate action.
  • hi badger and welcome to mse :wave:

Thank you.
    Shame my first post wasn't on a happier note eh?
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support