Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Last thing you bought? - Page 300

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Last thing you bought?

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
6K replies 257.3K views

Replies

• MissliMissli Forumite
    7.7K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheel wrote: »
    My daughter will be pleased even if my husband won't. :p

Very nice. My husband will be well jel. Everytime he sees a bike on tv or in a shop he says "can I have a bike?" and I always say no. smiley_devil.gif

Just bought a few packets of Tassimo. Earl Grey tea, Suchard hot choc and creamers.

Why won't you let him have one! I'll use mine loads as don't currently drive.

I like that Tassimo site, never saw before.
    New forum. New sig. Yes I still need to lose 2 stone! :smiley:
  • SheelSheel Forumite
    45.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love tassimo drinks :D

The chai latte and the caramel latte are amazing!

Ooh I was wondering about the Chai Latte, but chickened out. :o I'll have to try it sometime.
    Proud of my husband and 2 daughters who are all NHS essential key workers.

• Sheel wrote: »
    Ooops! just bought 13 paperbacks. :D
    You could start a library Sheel :j

We bought cinema tickets to see White house down, it was really good with a few really funny lines :rotfl:
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
    Ooh I was wondering about the Chai Latte, but chickened out. :o I'll have to try it sometime.

I dare say its the nicest tea I've had :o

Where did you buy them from btw?
  • SheelSheel Forumite
    45.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missli wrote: »
    Why won't you let him have one! I'll use mine loads as don't currently drive.

Cos i'm mean....muahahahaha. :rotfl:

Seriously i'd be worried sick about him. It's no fun cycling around here. I've said he can have one if we move up to Scotland.

Think it's just a running joke anyway.

• Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • SheelSheel Forumite
    45.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could start a library Sheel :j

We bought cinema tickets to see White house down, it was really good with a few really funny lines :rotfl:

Probably could. My bookcases are certainly overflowing. :o

Ooh starring Channers, my husband's favourite. :D (another running joke!)

• MissliMissli Forumite
    7.7K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sheel wrote: »
    Cos i'm mean....muahahahaha. :rotfl:

Seriously i'd be worried sick about him. It's no fun cycling around here. I've said he can have one if we move up to Scotland.

Think it's just a running joke anyway.

Ah, no good if it's not going to be used much. :D

I will be checking Tassimo out properly once I've used up my stash of weird beverages. Currently using up a previously unopened orange, and coconut variety. :rotfl:
    New forum. New sig. Yes I still need to lose 2 stone! :smiley:
    Probably could. My bookcases are certainly overflowing. :o

Ooh starring Channers, my husband's favourite. :D (another running joke!)
    He looked/ acted very well in it ;)
  • notakidnotakid Forumite
    10.4K posts
    750 pound in vet bills for the dog! :eek:

Just sitting here with him by my feet, he has a shaved belly. He had a dust mite allegey (120 to treat) and had a bad reaction to the steriods, never bounced back and vet had to re hydrate (200) but still not better so had to have Xray and blood taken ( 310 ) and an scan and injections 120 and we still don't know what is wrong but he is still recovering.

I'm hoping so anyway! And fingers crossed with the pet insurance but thank heaven the jobs well paid! :p:p
    But if ever I stray from the path I follow
    Take me down to the English Channel
    Throw me in where the water is shallow And then drag me on back to shore!
    'Cos love is free and life is cheap As long as I've got me a place to sleep
    Clothes on my back and some food to eat I can't ask for anything more
  • I hope he is better soon nak x :(