Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Last thing you bought? - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Last thing you bought?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
6K replies 257K views

Replies

• jansusjansus Forumite
    12.5K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucepot wrote: »
    I remember when I left I did say the stains I got on the old one could be washed out with an effective detergent. Still, at £20, why bother?

You're so virile saucy you totally ruined it ;) i'll send you the bill for the new one ;)
    ITV comp winner no 41
  • edited 28 March 2011 at 4:23PM
    fluffymuffyfluffymuffy Forumite
    3.3K posts
    edited 28 March 2011 at 4:23PM
    I just ordered an electric hand-held massager. It should come tomorrow or the next day. There's no medical need here - we just thought it might be Interesting.
    I am the Cat who walks by herself and all places are alike to me.
  • Sounds nice. :D I've never been a "proper" student. I feel I've missed out now. :eek:

It's a book called "Random Acts of Kindness" by Danny Wallace. It's been going around loads of MSErs for a while. When they're done with it, they send it to another person. I would be honoured to send it to you when I've finished with it? :)

ooooh! yes please. Sounds like my kind of book. I think I've read a few quotes from it in other books. I'll PM you my address if you want?
    That's what I should do with the new one as well - no more ironing :D
    Yeah, but then you'll look like a bag lady. :D
    4.30: conduct pigeon orchestra...
  • LadyMorticiaLadyMorticia Forumite
    19.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a food shop yesterday, god that's boring compared to everyone else :o

eta: lokolo-it doesn't ahve to be the end when you stop being a student! i left uni in 2008 and ended up housesharing still, we have takeaways on a friday (usually fish and chips)

Needs to be done though. :p
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
    19.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ooooh! yes please. Sounds like my kind of book. I think I've read a few quotes from it in other books. I'll PM you my address if you want?

Yeah, but then you'll look like a bag lady. :D

Sure. That'd be great. :) The book is really inspiring. It has things in that you wouldn't even think of doing before reading it. It's awesome. Think I'm going to buy myself a permanent copy too. :D
    I've only just got it so it might take me a while to send. I hope that's okay. :)
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019
  • Sublime_2Sublime_2 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    15.7K posts
    Salad, to go with the linguini we're having tonight. Plus crisps for ds sandwiches tomorrow.
  • jansus wrote: »
    You're so virile saucy you totally ruined it ;) i'll send you the bill for the new one ;)

Thank you my darling for not revealing my incontinence.
    I wonder why it is, that young men are always cautioned against bad girls. Anyone can handle a bad girl. It's the good girls men should be warned against.-David Niven
  • LandyAndyLandyAndy Forumite
    26.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A swimming hat and a keyring for DS2, yesterday.
  • What book is this? It sounds like something I might be interested in judging by LM's response. PM title if you want.

Last thing I bought was a dog behaviour class at £30.

It was from a thread I started and subsequently got pulled by the mods...Random Acts of Kindness

it has absolutely nothing to do with submissive men and yellow marigolds....sorry Scammo :p;)
    19.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bazey wrote: »
    It was from a thread I started and subsequently got pulled by the mods...Random Acts of Kindness

it has absolutely nothing to do with submissive men and yellow marigolds....sorry Scammo :p;)

Why did it get pulled? :(
    2019 Wins
    1/25

£2019 in 2019
    £10/£2019