candle making

Options
malibusami86
malibusami86 Posts: 217 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
i really want to try candle making but dont really know how to start.

have seen some that look like cupcakes, have no idea where to start from. i can prob do basic and plain candles but want to know how to make special ones

any advise would be gratefully received

thanks

Comments

• LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    not sure where on here but i think there was a candle making thread i may be wrong, there is lots of info for kits and info if you google and a few videos on you tube
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • LJM
    Options
    thanks for these links
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    Options
    i made candles about 9 years ago. i made the gel candle's. was really really simple. basically you melt the gel until it pourable and then you can pour it into any container, ie glass jars, wine glasses, cups etc add the wick before you pour the gel in.

i made bathroom candles. i popped to beach and collected some pretty small shells, washed and dried they. arranged them in bottome of the jar, added wick and then the gel. They looked fantastic. never burnt them tho as i didn't want to ruin them. they were so simple to maek and also very relaxing to do.

i got everything i needed from a craft shop.
  • Giggles_Fairy
    Options
    I would also like to give candle makng a go, quite fancy making thecandle in fancy cup and saucer sets as I think these would make great gifts.
  • LJM
    Options
    ive seen lots in charity shops lately peeps must be having a clear out i expect car boots would also be a good place, i personally like the little jam pots they would make great candle pots i think
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback