2011 Dee-Dee's Diary

Options
Dee-Dee
Dee-Dee Posts: 268 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
edited 1 January 2011 at 10:27PM in Debt free diaries
Hi All,

My name is Dee-Dee and I am going to start keeping a Debt Free Diary. I added one a while ago but never did anything further with it :o I have been really inspired by the Diaries that I have read on here and can't believe how many kind people who are out there willing to help others with advice and support.

I recently got married and would like to start a family but at the moment it isn't something we could afford to do so I am hoping this will provide me with some additional motivation.

I have been in debt for all of my adult life and have no savings. Partly this is through helping family members financially and partly through financial ignorance when I was young. Enough is enough. I need to grow up and stop living beyond my means. :D

I have joined some challenges that I think will help me with this and hope to join a few more as I go on. So here is the first step - my SOA.

Comments

• ruby1968_2
    Options
    Welcome aboard DeeDee, you will find lots of advice and support on here.
    :oDH CC £969.00, bank loans *2 £27634.00,Overdraft=£696.00 Total Debts to Tackle = £29299:o sealed pot member 923=£26.99, £2 club member 75 = £0.00 2011 challenge member 36
  • Dee-Dee
    Options
    ruby1968 wrote: »
    Welcome aboard DeeDee, you will find lots of advice and support on here.

Thanks Ruby, I think I am going to need lots of both. :)
  • Dee-Dee
    Options
    Bit of a mixed week this week. We have done really well keeping to our budgets BUT last night we went out for OH's sister's 30th birthday and spent around £70 :eek: although this included both our meals, drinks and taxi home.....still a bit gutted.

We couldn't not go and we both had a great time so are not going to beat ourselves up too badly but that's it for going out until the start of next month, when the OH has a gig, but that should be a cheap one.

Planning meals and buying packed lunches is going really well. At the moment we are spending less on our weekly shop, inc packed lunches than we used to spend on the weekly shop. We've just come back from the supermarket and our spend this week was £20 below budget - takes a bit of the sting out of last night's spend :)

Bills wise we are still over the overdraft but should be able to get the account back in control when I get my bonus next month. The rest will be paid off a credit card. I'm so tempted to spend it on fun stuff but...must...be....strong....:D
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,149 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good luck with the debtbusting Dee Dee!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • joshua_blue
    Options
    hi DD

good luck with your debt-busting... its not easy especially in january but keep at it.

some comments from me:

credit expert - is this really required
    house insurance & life insurance - seem pretty high
    phone / internet - may be possible to reduce this by switching
    Jan 2010 £39,300 Now £29,630 Reduction £9,670 (24.6%)
    DFD July 2017
  • Moll
    Moll Posts: 445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    how are you getting on Dee Dee
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income