MSE News: Home repossessions down but we're 'not out of the woods'

This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Fewer people are expected to lose their homes this year after mortgage lenders today reported a decline in seizures ..."

Replies

• edited 13 August 2010 at 2:36PM
    AngiepangeAngiepange Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    edited 13 August 2010 at 2:36PM
    I hope the Government does not get rid of the Mortgage Rescue Scheme.

I have experienced a long battle to get through this scheme, http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1930931 which has been far from easy, but with the alternative being repossession, I am just praying we are able to complete soon and the rescue does not fail.
  • Percy1983Percy1983 Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have split views on the rescue scheme.

For people where things have changed (job loss etc) then its fair enough and help them. But on the flip side I have no sympathy for those who have just overstreched themselves and got mortgages they never really could afford and racked up debts etc.

Basically how many of the self-cert and liar loan mortgages are now in trouble?
    Have my first business premises (+4th business) 01/11/2017
    Quit day job to run 3 businesses 08/02/2017
    Started third business 25/06/2016
    Son born 13/09/2015
    Started a second business 03/08/2013
    Officially the owner of my own business since 13/01/2012
  • The_ThrillaThe_Thrilla Forumite
    1K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I have been listening to a few American internet radio stations. What they are reporting is that there are people still living in their houses where they have not made a mortgage repayment for about one and a half years, and the lenders have not bothered to turf them out of their homes. They are also saying that surveys have shown them to be going out to dinner again, buying clothes, maybe another car. If people here want to do that as well, good luck to them...just so long as I don't have to pay for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides