Amazon Charity Click-Throughs thread

Options
MSE_Jenny
MSE_Jenny Posts: 1,312 MSE Staff
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 17 December 2009 at 12:27PM in Shop but don't drop
This is the place for charities to add their special Amazon click-through links, as described in the guide:
Amazon Tricks
If you work for a legit registered UK charity, paste a link to the Amazon section on your website, so MoneySavers can click through and help their favourite causes.

Please do not just post direct affiliate link to Amazon, instead put a link to the Amazon page on your own website.

Click 'post reply' to add. Thanks :)

Comments

• purepink
    Options
    I can't seem to click through? Please can you help me?
    Thank you
  • footboy
    footboy Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 December 2009 at 12:27PM
    Options
    Please support the work of Families Need Fathers when buying from Amazon.

or visit the Families Need Fathers Amazon page first read and then click on the Amazon logo to go shopping.

Families Need Fathers have been keeping children and parents in contact since 1974. For more information please see the About Us page on the website.

FNF have helped me, my son and many others. Please give them your support. :beer:

Many thanks!
    Steve
  • doccer1967
    Options
    hi i work for a charity and this is an excellent way to make money for them. in all the posts it cites the charities pages but not how, if you are a charity, how you set it up - do you go to amazon directly?

any help appreciated.

ta

d
  • elf198
    elf198 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone know if the charity links apply to amazon marketplace purchases? otherwise I will go through nectar which I believe does count for nectar points

Thanks,

elf198
    January make £10/day challenge - £116.20/£310
  • 2dot
    2dot Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I work for Signpost, which supports families of disabled children, from before they have a diagnosis right up until the children are adults - being told your child has a disability can be very scary and isolating, and we help families to gain the confidence to cope with it all.

Signpost was set up by parents, and we're all about making sure that people don't miss out on the 'ordinary life' that the rest of us take for granted - going out to play, succeeding at school, having friends, going to the same places that everyone else does - many of which can be a challenge if you have a disability. We're a very tiny charity - just 4 part-time staff - so we're not even 'on the radar' when people are looking for charities to support.

Visit Amazon via our website's home page at www dot signpost dash online dot co dot uk (I'm a new user, so this site won't let me post links!) and help us to help others - thanks in advance for your support, we really appreciate it!
  • Tried to add the link but would not let me. You can find it though by visiting our website and clicking onto community fundraising. The Amazon link is at the top. Saint Francis Hospice helps people with any life limiting illness who live in Havering, Brentwood, Barking & Dagenham and Redbridge.

You can also find us on Facebook :j
  • dlotus205
    Options
    mateypeeps wrote: »
    I expect this advice is too late, but you need to look on the Amazon site at the bottom of their page to see where it has a link called Affiliates.

Join up as an affiliate.

Often (always?), if you already have an Amazon account the username they give you is based on your login name you use for purchases.

Then you need to make a web page with the amazon product links bearing your affiliate identity. The site tells you what you need to know, but if you are too new to this to be able to do it, you need a computer geek to code a page for you.

The web page could be either based on a free blog site or your own domain that you have to purchase (and get hosted, unless you get free webspace as I do with Nameroute).

Try experimenting with a free Google blogspot.com blog perhaps?

This is such a good thread.
    I think it should be stickied
    Rgs!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • MSE_Sarah
    MSE_Sarah Posts: 327 MSE Staff
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks for all your suggestions so far. Please keep adding to this thread if your charity has a special Amazon click-through link.

MSE Sarah
    Follow MSE on other Social Media: MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram, Threads, Join the MSE ForumGet the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mailReport inappropriate posts: click the report buttonFlag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • MSE_Kelvin
    MSE_Kelvin Posts: 341 MSE Staff
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    There are ten charities listed here: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/

:A
  • Ray_h
    Options
    There is a website called Easy Fund Raising which allows you to choose any charity you wish and when you make a purchase via their website, a donation is made to your chosen charity. Purchases can be made from many national retailers such as Amazon , Ebay ,John Lewis etc. They send you regular updates on how much money you have raised too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure