Harvey Norman Sofa's

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
10 replies 6.9K views
sparky40sparky40 Forumite
251 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Has anyone bought a suite from Harvey Norman? Was in yesterday looking at a few leather suites, was just wondering if anyone has bought one from there and how durable etc they are?

Thanks in advance!
:j Norn Iron Club Member No. 343 :j

Replies

• jenny-wrenjenny-wren Forumite
    838 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Popped in there for a quick look yesterday. I wasn't specifically looking at sofas but in general the prices seemed rather high in relation to the quality of the furniture. Their electrical goods weren't at all competitive either.
    Norn Iron Club Member 330 ;)
  • LobellLobell Forumite
    621 Posts
    jenny-wren wrote: »
    Popped in there for a quick look yesterday. I wasn't specifically looking at sofas but in general the prices seemed rather high in relation to the quality of the furniture. Their electrical goods weren't at all competitive either.

We thought exactly the same. Was in it on Monday for the first time (looking for a new TV) and was quite shocked at the price of some of the furniture, especially as the quality didn't appear to justify the price.

We didn't get a TV there...found what we were looking for at a much better price in Richer Sounds.
  • ballyblackballyblack Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I note that it has most of its branches(14) are in the South.

I wonder if the very strong Euro would be impacting on its Sterling prices here?
  • sparky40sparky40 Forumite
    251 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    The one we were looking at was a 3-1-1 from £1999 down to £999 and we had managed to talk them down to £949- Have initially put down a £100 deposit but it is refundable.

The quality of it seemed ok but wasnt sure how durable their furniture was!
    :j Norn Iron Club Member No. 343 :j
  • Bought a sofa at Harvey Norman,it didnt even last 6mths and waited 5wks 4 sum1 2 come have a luk at it.Paid 3,300 Euros 4 it!!!! trust me i wouldnt buy as much as a sheet 4 a bed there :mad: and dont get me started on their customer service,im still waitin 4 that 6 wks after complaining
  • BigAl94BigAl94 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Seems they ain't doing to well (not surprising with their high prices) http://www.businessworld.ie/livenews.htm?a=2450216
  • bingo_bangobingo_bango Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    What you also have to realise is that they offer 0% finance. I suspect that the high prices are because they have already factored in the cost of finance and simply added this to the retail price displayed.

Has anyone been in and managed to haggle with them when paying by cash or card?
  • BigAl94BigAl94 Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I think a call like this would be a better use of time! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9S4Z7cER0o
  • winnie101winnie101 Forumite
    123 Posts
    I actually bought a new laptop and chest freezer from them on Sunday! I got a good deal on the laptop. Details
    ACer
    4 GB RAM
    500 GB HDD
    built in webcam
    wireless
    Dual Core processer

For £449. Tesco are doing a similar one for £429 but it is only a 250GB HD and no built in webcam.

Chest freezer was an equivalent price to everywhere else. I got it all on 24months interest free so I am well pleased as the money is better off in my savings.
  • Peters_2Peters_2 Forumite
    4 Posts
    I bought 2 sofa chairs with sidetable last year. I think Harvey Norman sofa is durable although expensive. but I'm not clear on other stuff.
    We need to fly. All ships are burning
    We need to fly. To the moon
    Tide's turning high. No one is learning
    We need to fly. To the moon
    To the moon:j
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cuts announced to alcohol and air passenger duties

And the levy on fuel frozen for 12th year in a row

MSE News

Autumn Budget 2021: full round-up

From minimum wage increases to fuel duty freezes