🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

I'm sitting here devastated!

Options

Comments

• SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dumb Luck - As a diabetic you must ensure you get enough food as a priority, a hypo would not be good news for you if in front of a class or driving to school.

Please, please say you will try to get enough ....I'll worry otherwise!

*I was a wife/partner to a rather brittle diabetic for nearly 20 years and it got dangerous at times!
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • dumb_luck
    Options
    Sorry to have worried you Singlesue, I made sure that the first thing I did was plan my food shopping this month- I did eat, I just didn't eat a lot, and it wasn't the sort of delicious fair you could serve up in a staff room... I have made sure that that isn't an issue this month...
    LBM June 2008 Debt at LB £6906.65 :eek:
    Payments to date-£2933.87
    1 year to lose:j 20 pounds- September 2009 (9 so far) (Weight loss the old style way)
    "A life lived in fear, is a life half lived"
  • scaredy_cat
    scaredy_cat Posts: 7,758 Forumite
    Options
    DL, I'm a bit worried that you don't seem to have enough money for general living. Can you post up you SOA?
    Cats don't have owners - they have staff!! :D:p
    DFW Long Hauler Supporter No 150

• dumb_luck
    Options
    My SOA

Income £1835
    Rent+ CT £750
    DMP £495.29
    Loan to Parents £150 (PayPlan told me not to include that I pay this on the SOA I sent out to creditors because if it was included it would have to be included on my DMP, my parents would be made aware, and it would add to the lenght of time my DMP will take.)
    Electricity £40
    Telephone/ VM/ Broadband £70 (I know it seems a lot I'm Irish so I get 800 anywhere mins for £30 an also have TV/ Broadband on top of that)
    Mobile £10
    Uni course fees £57 (am on scolarship so it's not so bad)
    Travel £60
    TV Licence £10.50
    Medication £24
    Health insurance £31
    Food/ Household necessities £118
    Cat £20
    Total: £1835
    1 year to lose:j 20 pounds- September 2009 (9 so far) (Weight loss the old style way)
  • jscalow
    jscalow Posts: 297 Forumite
    Options
    Dumb Luck,
    I wish you all the very best getting everything sorted out. Why dont you take some time and go to VM tv on demand, select comedy and watch Chris Rock live, won't cost a penny and will have you lol. All the best !
  • scaredy_cat
    Options
    dumb_luck wrote: »
    My SOA

Income £1835
    Rent+ CT £750
    DMP £495.29
    Loan to Parents £150 (PayPlan told me not to include that I pay this on the SOA I sent out to creditors because if it was included it would have to be included on my DMP, my parents would be made aware, and it would add to the lenght of time my DMP will take.)
    Electricity £40
    Telephone/ VM/ Broadband £70 (I know it seems a lot I'm Irish so I get 800 anywhere mins for £30 an also have TV/ Broadband on top of that)
    Mobile £10 - can you get a better deal for this?
    Uni course fees £57 (am on scolarship so it's not so bad)
    Travel £60
    TV Licence £10.50
    Medication £24
    Health insurance £31
    Food/ Household necessities £118 -i think this should be about £140 at least also to include emergencies
    Cat £20
    Total: £1835

Can you see if you can do a revised SOA for payplan to reduce the amount you pay?

• Moozer
    Moozer Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    Best of luck dealing with these vile people - they really are disgusting.
    As far as food is concerned - could you do duty at lunchtime? At my school teachers get paid (a little) but also get a free lunch. It might help in the short term.
    Aim: To clear debt in 2 years then start saving!
    Debt at start (31/10/08): £21818.30 :eek:
    Payments to date: £353.08 :j
    Debt left to pay: £21465.22/£21818.30 :rolleyes:
  • dumb_luck
    Options
    That's a great idea, and I do a duty in school once a week, and our payment for that is dinner BUT they won't allow us to do two because they obey the Work Time Agreements...
  • dumb_luck
    Options
    Can you see if you can do a revised SOA for payplan to reduce the amount you pay?

Thanks Scaredy_Cat. It is a really tight budget, and while I find it hard it was worth it until yesterday...

I think I could get a better deal on VM if I was willing to lose my 800 minutes for £30, but my bills used to always before I got this be in the region of £300 from just calling family and friends back home (whic is some of the reson I got into trouble). £40 is pretty reasonable for line rental, broadband and TV. suppose I could top up my mobile by £5 instead of £10 though.

I just handed over my rent money to my LandLord a few minutes ago. OUCH!:rotfl:
  • scaredy_cat
    Options
    or call them, say you may have to cancel cos money is tight - and ask if they can do you a better deal?

If you don't ask, you don't get!

Also, i have started using quidico cashback site to buy things - so far i've got £32 cash back. it takes a few months to get the cash because of validiation but every little helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills