Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Stev0
    P87 claim 2007/2008
    • 4th Jun 08, 6:15 PM
    P87 claim 2007/2008 4th Jun 08 at 6:15 PM
    Hi,

First post so bear with me please.

Just after some information really.

I have just received my PAYE coding notice for 2008/2009, 870L which replaced the previous years of 882L

I completed a P87 for the 2007/2008 tax year and posted this off to HMRC along with my P60 for the same period. I enquired today as to when i would receive my payment/cheque and was told i would not be receiving anything as it had been worked into my new code. I completed a P87 for tax year 2006/2007 which was very similar to this years claim. 14525 business miles and the relief on 3268.75, which worked out at 745.42. I received a cheque for that amount around 2-3 months later. In 2007/2008 I had done 14305 business miles in total and the relief on 3268.75, which worked out i was entitled to a repayment of 719.13.

Have i missed something here? Why are they telling me i will not be receiving a cheque?

On my PAYE notice it does break it down but i dont really understand it that well.

Here is how we worked out your tax code:

Your personal Allowance 5435
    Job expenses 3268

a tax free amount of 8703

It also states in the notes that "we have included 3268 because you have previously claimed that amount against tax. We will carry on including this in your tax free amount unless you tell us it has changed".

Any help or guidance would be appreciated before i try contacing the tax office again tomorrow.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,738Posts Today

7,979Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Does anyone have a savings statement to hand? (either on paper or online). If so can you check, does it include your current interest rate?

• Filming in Greenwich today - my commute involves the Thames Clipper - what a lovely to get to work!

• RT @stellacreasy: Walthamstow- if you were one of the 100 who helped lifted the bus to rescue that poor cyclist. Just Thank you. #proudmp #?

• Follow Martin