Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

    Funding to take a CSCS card test
    • #1
    • 28th May 08, 7:39 PM
    Funding to take a CSCS card test 28th May 08 at 7:39 PM
    Hi my brother in law is looking to take a health and safety test to acquire the CSCS card so he can get back working as a general labourer (sorry a construction site operative, must use the right title!!!). Queston is can he go to the job centre or any goverment scheme to ask for the money to get the test and the CSCS wants he has passed the test which would be in total about 42.50 which with him being on Job Seekers allowance is a hefty sum to pay out in one go especially as is doesnt totally guarantee him a job all be it a better cahnce as at the moment there is a lot of rejuvenation going on in out town. SO is there a way he could apply to get the funding toget this CSCS card.
    thanks to all the advice that will hopefully come.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

423Posts Today

1,255Users online

Martin's Twitter