IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Design your own photobook for 6.50 delivered
Closed Thread
Views: 20,653
# 1
MSE Archna
Old 23-04-2008, 6:57 PM
Senior Researcher
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Default Design your own photobook for 6.50 delivered

What's the deal?

Tesco is currently offering cut price photobooks for £6.50 including delivery. This is basically a design your own photo album. Simply upload your photos and format them then tesco will send you the finished product in a bound book with a linen cover. These normally retail for around £15-20, so this is a good price and it makes an ideal pressie; snap it up while you can!

How to get your cheap photobook

1. Go to the Tesco photo website and download the special photobook design software.
2. Upload up to 25 photos to include in your book and design how you want the pages to look - you can change layout and borders aswell as adding text. Make sure you opt for a simple linen cover with no cover title otherwise you will be charged more than £6.50.
3. Click on 'File' then 'order' to complete the order process.
4. In the promotional box enter the code 'LINENCOVER08' on the shipping address page and £9.98 will be deducted from the total price.

Any catches?

The offer is open until midnight 8 June.

This note has been added to the top of the discussion to provide a fully researched explanation. Many thanks to MoneySaver Bucky for the top spot!

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Archna; 04-06-2008 at 3:24 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MSE Archna For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
Bucky
Old 16-05-2008, 3:12 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Tesco Photobook 4.99 was 14.99

http://www.tescophoto.com/wpp/tesco/...k_download.jsp

Ensure you use the correct codes as shown on the site and the total should come to £6.49 delivered.

Last edited by Bucky; 16-05-2008 at 3:15 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bucky For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
broclo
Old 16-05-2008, 3:16 PM
PPR
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
http://www.tescophoto.com/wpp/tesco/...k_download.jsp

Ensure you use the correct codes as shown on the site and the total should come to 6.49 delivered.
Oh cheers op...was hoping something was going to come up within the next week. So chuffed
# 4
yellow bear
Old 04-06-2008, 11:57 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

hiya,
great find!
but, does anyone know if you can do this with a mac? (tescos software is not compatible!). can you use the normal photo ordering bit or something?
I guess not.....but thought i'd give it a try!
Thanks,
c x
# 5
ALUAP
Old 04-06-2008, 12:08 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Have spent 2 hours putting my album together to find that the code is not working...HELP!!!
# 6
scottishlass
Old 04-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow bear View Post
hiya,
great find!
but, does anyone know if you can do this with a mac? (tescos software is not compatible!). can you use the normal photo ordering bit or something?
I guess not.....but thought i'd give it a try!
Thanks,
c x
Doesnt work with a mac - theres a nother post on this somewhere with more info - shall go find the link :http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....html?t=913463
"Made in England. Improved in Scotland!"

# 7
ALUAP
Old 04-06-2008, 1:36 PM
MoneySaving Convert

REALLY frustrated with this......now my album won't load properly and can't get to checkout. Have phoned Tesco customer services, but they weren't able to help. Giving up now.
# 8
ciderman69
Old 04-06-2008, 2:12 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Offer applies to A5 size photobooks

The Tesco website describes the photobook you get for 4.99 as a small photobook which from their pricing page is A5 size so not 280mm x 210 mm as described in the op.
# 9
Elizabeth_T
Old 04-06-2008, 6:37 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Have just done an album too! and the code wasn't accepted...duh....it took me so long to do, I couldn't abandon it, but it was 21.47, quite competative with other sites, hope the quality is good, but very annoyed that the code didn't work, especially as it told me I could only use it the once!!
# 10
scottishlass
Old 04-06-2008, 7:10 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth_T View Post
Have just done an album too! and the code wasn't accepted...duh....it took me so long to do, I couldn't abandon it, but it was 21.47, quite competative with other sites, hope the quality is good, but very annoyed that the code didn't work, especially as it told me I could only use it the once!!
It says you can only use it once but I used mine a couple of times.

You need to make sure you select the correct options

A5 Hardback from the first menu then when you're ready to send, choose Linen Cover and the slect the ones that are free - it offered me a leather bound one that was 2 something. Then add the code and wait for it to load up - when you get the final screen it should tell you that the 9.98 has been taken off.
"Made in England. Improved in Scotland!"

The Following User Says Thank You to scottishlass For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
pringy
Old 04-06-2008, 8:30 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

worked fine for me delivered really quickly and excellent quality, i was really happy with it, its a fathers day present for my OH from our baby boy and its fab (bet he cries when he opens it lol) xx
# 12
Elizabeth_T
Old 04-06-2008, 11:03 PM
MoneySaving Convert

What size did you order? A5 or A4, is it possible to get the A4 size for the 6.50. promo price? Might have another go!
# 13
rwaite
Old 05-06-2008, 1:21 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

It's only the A5 size that is in the promotion. x
# 14
jamieukonline
Old 05-06-2008, 3:00 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I found the tesco photobooks a bit basic for my liking -

Having done lots of research into this, I find Mixbook to be the best, so many different designs and there are many albums you can browse for ideas! It's actually possible to make an album in a few minutes using their auotcreate function!

and rather cheap too - $12.99 + $6.99 which is just over 10. Ok, its not as cheap as the tesco deal, but they're far better and cheaper than the usual tesco price!
The Following User Says Thank You to jamieukonline For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
Tinkywinks108
Old 06-06-2008, 12:36 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Can anyone please tell me, at what point do you select linen cover option, is it after you've designed the photobook, as I'm just starting to design the photobook but haven't been given that option, and there is a space for a photo on the front. I'm presuming linen cover is a plain cover whereas photocover has a photo cover on the front. Although there is a code for photo cover as well, wondering why this hasn't been mentioned on the thread? Just want to make sure I'm doing this right because I have had nightmares before with this sort of thing!
# 16
rwaite
Old 06-06-2008, 12:50 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

You have to choose the cover option after you have finished your book. The photo cover works out a little bit more than the linen cover - but there is a code for that as well. The linen ones obviously don't have a photo on the cover. Hope this helps. x
The Following User Says Thank You to rwaite For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
Tinkywinks108
Old 06-06-2008, 10:50 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Thanks for that, I'll just ignore the front cover then and start putting the photos inside the book. Has anyone else had any luck using the promotion code more than once, and is that using same email address and details?
# 18
boglin
Old 06-06-2008, 11:09 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I've ordered both styles of book - the photo cover uses the different code and costs extra for the photo cover (you will get this offered as an option once you have submitted the pages that you have created). If you do select it, it seems impossible to unselect it and revert back to linen cover, should you change your mind. It is, however, a good finish and you can add your own text onto the cover by using a text box as well as a photo or photos - and in with the choice of photo cover is an option to have photos on the back cover as well for the same price.

You can, if you wish, add extra pages as you create your book, at a cost of 25p per 2 pages - there is a little icon on the screen to click.

I have ordered 3 linen covers and 1 photo cover, all separately, using the same email address. You cannot order more than one at the same time and claim the discount off each; so you need to order each separately and pay P&P each time.
The Following User Says Thank You to boglin For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
Tinkywinks108
Old 06-06-2008, 9:09 PM
MoneySaving Convert

That's helpful Boglin, do you remember how much it was for the photo cover?
# 20
boglin
Old 06-06-2008, 11:52 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Here is a price list of options available for the special offer book:

Product A5 Landscape Photo Book

Name in Tesco Photobook Creator Small landscape hardback photobook
Price 14.97 (before the discount)
Pages 20
Price per additional 2 pages 0.25
Photo cover 2.97
Bonded leather cover 2.97