Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Loans > Loans, Credit Checks, Undisclosed Finance, Potent... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Loans, Credit Checks, Undisclosed Finance, Potential Fraud... NIGHTMARE!!
Closed Thread
Views: 2,531
# 1
Fudagee
Old 14-09-2005, 11:23 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Loans, Credit Checks, Undisclosed Finance, Potential Fraud... NIGHTMARE!!

OK it goes as follows, I've applied for a loan with Liverpool Victoria due to good rates via online applications all was going hunky dorey until all of a sudden I appear to have either finance, hire purchase or a loan against my name and they can't release any funds due to undisclosed finance against my name.

I've racked my brains and my bank statements to no avail as I've never had a loan and only had 2 HP agreements fro cars, one of which is setled and one is being paid at present.

I've done a credit report/credit check on equifax.co.uk and nothing un to ward came up other than 2 store cards with balances of 0, my settled HP finance and the one HP finance I'm paying at present. However LV use experian so I've requested a report from then and and until I receive that I'm in limbo.

However my fear is that somehow, somewhere along the name, someone has used my name and details for a loan/HP/finance agreement. Looking for advice as to what to do if this is the case?

Please someone help me as I'm getting pretty stressed due to the fact that there's the potential that someone somewhere has pretended to me to gain finance of some sorts?

Thanks in advance
# 2
grumbler
Old 14-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudagee
... Looking for advice as to what to do if this is the case?...
The first step is to contact police.

We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse.

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
.definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
should have, NOT should of
.....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed

Last edited by grumbler; 14-09-2005 at 1:08 PM.
# 3
Rafter
Old 14-09-2005, 11:50 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Wait and see what your experian report says.

If you have been subject to identity theft it may take a while to sort out but you should be fine.

Remember it could just be a mistake in Liverpool victorias system or at experian.

If you can't wait for your loan, set up an account on Zopa and see what your credit rating comes back as? They use all the main agencies.

Hope everything works out ok for you and that the funds get released.

R.
Smile , it makes people wonder what you have been up to.
# 4
Fudagee
Old 14-09-2005, 3:44 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thanks, as said I have an equifax report already, awaiting an experian report and ordered a credit report/check from callcredit, just to check to see what's against my name that any company will see if they do a credit check agains me.

Just need to hang fire until the experian report comes through and take it from there I think.
# 5
Fudagee
Old 16-09-2005, 1:50 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

As I have said before nothing showing up on the equifax report, received m report from mycallcredit - nothing showing up on that, so need to wait until the experian report comes through.

Good thing is I don't need the funds as urgently as first thought so will have time to check out the experian report when it comes through and keep you guys posted and no doubt be asking for some advice...
# 6
Fudagee
Old 19-09-2005, 12:29 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Panic over, well I think so anyway...

Received the experian report and there's only things on it that I know about so I'm at a loss as to what Liverpool Victoria are seeing that I don't. So I now need to take it up with them to see what they have to say!
# 7
Fudge
Old 19-09-2005, 7:28 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Right total nightmare, now Liverpool Victoria have declined me and the little guy on the phone couldn't say why! So he transfers me to a department he must quite clearly know is shut and I'm then cut off.

According to Equifax I have a 'Good' credit rating, I have 4 accounts on my equifax and experian reports: 2 store cards, and 2 HP agreements, storecards have balances of 0 and have always been paid on time and settled, 1 HP agreement, all payments were on time and was settled early and the current HP agreement al payments are on time.

I've never missed a payment of anysort in my life and am stumped as to why they have declined me.

Am I being reasonable in demanding a reason as to why I have been declined to take further action from there?

(BTW Fudagee and Fudge are both me - I registered Fudagee at work as I couldn't remember my 'Fudge' logon!)
# 8
grumbler
Old 19-09-2005, 9:38 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

If you have time you can appeal their decision. Sometimes this helps. Send them a letter by recorded mail with all your reasons/arguments. The only address that I can find on the website is

Liverpool Victoria Banking Services Limited, County Gates, Bournemouth BH1 3NQ.

You have nothing to loose. At least you have a chance to get some explanation of their decision.
We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse.

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
.definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
should have, NOT should of
.....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
The Following User Says Thank You to grumbler For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
Fudagee
Old 27-09-2005, 5:41 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Sent off a letter last week and still awaiting there reply. No longer need their money nor a loan with anyone else as I got finance no questions asked with a silly low APR but still interested to find out as to why there was all this confusion.

Shall keep yous posted if in case anyone is at all interested!
# 10
Fudge
Old 28-09-2005, 9:35 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Well came back from London today to find 2 letters...

After my letter to them more or less demanding the reason as to why I was declined they did so BUT they also reviewed their decision and since offered me the loan on the original terms!

Don't need it now anyway so they can stick it!!
Closed Thread