Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Loans, Credit Checks, Undisclosed Finance, Potential Fraud... NIGHTMARE!!
    • 14th Sep 05, 11:23 AM
    Loans, Credit Checks, Undisclosed Finance, Potential Fraud... NIGHTMARE!! 14th Sep 05 at 11:23 AM
    OK it goes as follows, I've applied for a loan with Liverpool Victoria due to good rates via online applications all was going hunky dorey until all of a sudden I appear to have either finance, hire purchase or a loan against my name and they can't release any funds due to undisclosed finance against my name.

I've racked my brains and my bank statements to no avail as I've never had a loan and only had 2 HP agreements fro cars, one of which is setled and one is being paid at present.

I've done a credit report/credit check on and nothing un to ward came up other than 2 store cards with balances of 0, my settled HP finance and the one HP finance I'm paying at present. However LV use experian so I've requested a report from then and and until I receive that I'm in limbo.

However my fear is that somehow, somewhere along the name, someone has used my name and details for a loan/HP/finance agreement. Looking for advice as to what to do if this is the case?

Please someone help me as I'm getting pretty stressed due to the fact that there's the potential that someone somewhere has pretended to me to gain finance of some sorts?

Thanks in advance
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,988Posts Today

8,621Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Very funny little viral vid showing how the world would be if it were run by energy companies - worth a watch

• RT @singhy10: Thanks @MartinSLewis Used your tip re sky TV cancellation. One call reduced bill from £99pm to £51pm £576 Per year!!!

• M'weekly email: 1st time buyers deal, Sky hike, Govt student Uturn, HOT bband, PPI alert, Tesco Wine, £10 varnish£25

• Follow Martin