Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Leaving a job after only being there a few weeks
    • 11th May 08, 11:56 AM
    Leaving a job after only being there a few weeks 11th May 08 at 11:56 AM
    My sister started a new job recently and has found that her new job isn't all its cracked up to be. She's only been there two weeks now but finds the lack of support and being given all the rubbish jobs just isn't for her! She says she hasn't signed a contract, but has seen another job to go for. She is thinking about just leaving and not going back, but i think that looks bad if she does that. What kind of notice would she be expected to give if she's only been there a few weeks? If she walks out surely then they won't pay her?

Any advice would be great as i don't know much about these things and i don't want her to make a decision she may end up regretting.
    Live on 4500, 2531/4500 101 in 1001 (52/101)

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,338Posts Today

8,223Users online

Martin's Twitter