PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

homemade kids Christmas gifts

Options
Thanks to this site I know have inspiration for making most of my xmas gifts this year, however I'm a little stuck on ideas for kids. I have kids of the following ages to get gifts for, 12m, 18m, 2, 3, 5 and 9. Anyone any ideas what i could do on a budget?
Total Debt (27th Nov 08) £16,707.03 Now £5,102.72
Debt Free Date [strike]Nov 2012[/strike] August 2011

Comments

16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    you don't say what they are (boy/girl)but my 9 yr old daughter loved the sowing box in the home made xmas pressie thread (is on the board) last xmas, and can now sew her own buttons on and stuff.
  • caffeinehit
    Options
    Wooden jigsaws of the kids' names (with each letter a different piece) are nice for younger ones to play with. Paint each piece a different colour. They make good decorations when they get older.
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    had another thought, do you have jars you could make snowscene shaker things in? my youngest loves those, and he's four.
  • omega_2
    omega_2 Posts: 251 Forumite
    Options
    160+ - do you have instructions for these at all? Thanks
  • barbie_babe
    Options
    what about a small basket wicker one.put small set of knitting needles in and small odd balls of wall .a knitting basket .i have a girl that is eight i think she will love it.i used to have them at chritmas when i was younger.
    :j
  • crazyhazy
    Options
    The 5 year old, one 2 year old and the 3 year old are all girls, the rest are boys. Thanks for the ideas so far!
  • barbie_babe
    Options
    if you have girls to buy for you could also knit or sew dolls clothes .also if dolly has a pram or cot knit some blankets and make a small pillow cut down an old sheet and hem and make a sheet to.
    you have got me thinking know my girls have so much stuff i might start making some bits they might like.that are a bit diffrent.
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    snowshake jars are fairly simple, you need a tight fitting jar (i e the lid doesn't leak when full of water and upended) stick a little ornament on the lid with superglue, leave for 24 hours to make sure dry and fill with water and glitter, if you want and you have some lying around you can seal the lid with a bit of sealant (like you use round the bath) to make sure it doesn't leak.
    for the sowing kit, just put in some needles, threads, scissors, needle threader, few buttons, etc and few scraps of material to practice on in a nice little basket or case the basket i used was like a shell shape that has a lid, was 20p from a charity shop.

hope that helps.

edited to add, for a girl my daughter loved the odd beads i stuck in her sowing basket, she sewed them onto a bag.
  • barbie_babe
    Options
    i love the sewing kit to .
  • crazyhazy
    Options
    just had another idea, but wanted opinions first. Was thinking of getting cheap t-shirts or jumpers and using fabric pens to write either their names on or something else. Does anyone know if the fabric pens are expensive? Has anyone done something like this before?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family