Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    Newly retired
    Tax code beginning with K
    • #1
    • 17th Apr 08, 3:56 PM
    Tax code beginning with K 17th Apr 08 at 3:56 PM
    I have just got a new tax code K341 as I owe some tax. Whilst I understand how this figure has been reached, I can't get my head round how this will affect my income. Can anyone help please?
    I receive 3 pensions: State ( gross, approx 100 per week), final salary pension and a small annuity, both paid monthly.
    So far, only the FSP has been taxed, but at 218L last year, to take account of the state pension. I am under 65, have no other allowances, no benefits or pension credits, savings are paid gross (ISAs ) or taxed at source.
    For the sake of simplicity, say I get 1000 a month. How does the K341 apply please?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,615Posts Today

6,766Users online

Martin's Twitter