PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Help with Ariston A1635 Margherita washer

Options
Last night I did a maintenance wash with white vinegar, for, I think, the 1st time.

Today my washer won't work. It starts off then the dial just keeps clicking round. I can't find my manual but have googled it and apparently there isn't an online manual.

I have found that you have to count the number of flashes as the dial turns as this shows the fault - it is doing 2 flashes.

Does anyone have a manual for this machine? If so, could you check if the fault is listed and if it is a possible self-help problem.

Thanks for any help.
Don't put it down, put it away - thanks Valli

Thank you to all who post competitions & help the smooth running of the comps board

Comments

• CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,778 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    According to the information I've seen on these machines, 2 flashes means:

F02 Motor jammed or tachogenerator detached

Found this on another site relating to a Margherita 2000. They can't be that different can they? Hope it helps anyway.
  • Hippy110
    Hippy110 Posts: 662 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh dear that doesn't sound within my capabilities (mind you I don't even know where the filter is ... )

Thanks

Thank you to all who post competitions & help the smooth running of the comps board
  • dannahaz
    dannahaz Posts: 1,068 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Hippy

There is an excellent forum on the UK White Goods website, where you will be able to get help woth your machine. Here's a link to their Washing Machine forum:
    http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=34
  • Hippy110
    Hippy110 Posts: 662 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dannahaz - thanks for the link - you are right, it is excellent. Provided a link to the manual (on Hotpoint website) - so now I've cleaned the filter.

From the forum, the fault is one for the engineers - probably the motor.

Thanks again

• Poggie123
    Poggie123 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    I've got an Ariston Margarita 1400 spin, not sure if it's the same model but mine had a similar 'episode' after I got a little over-zealous :whistle: with bleach trying to freshen it up. I managed to resurrect it by 'resetting' it - turning it off then turning the dial to the dot at the end of a cycle iykwim and turning it back on again. Mine occasionally does the spinning and clicking thing and I've always just reset it and it's OK. Maybe I should've counted the number of flashes.....:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure