Cheap Topshop shoes / Topshop clearance shops

Options

Comments

• jonathonjordan
    Options
    i went to steals in farnworth yesterday. it's still open but it is closing down, everything is £2 - but it seems like it's been picked clean, there is a lot of crap there now, most things seemed to be very damaged. i asked the woman who worked there and she said they're definitely closing but they have no idea when. she said all the topshop shoes have now moved to blackburn but they've just been told that branch is closing too! there are still branches in lancaster and somewhere else i've forgotten tho.
    hope this helps someone...
    i am desperate to know where they get all these shop returns from.... let's go straight to the source!!

Oh my lord i went here last week - what a load of rubbish !!!! Cant believe how crap its gone. Used to be asda and topshop/man seems to be full of cheap nasty tat. Did find a sweattop but zips were broken on every songle one - these were brand new not like some of the stuff i saw. Who on earth wants to buy 2nd hand clothes with big holes in them. There was so much on the floor was like a jumble sale. Lad who worked there was going round with huge bags to throw stuff out it was that bad
  • boldaslove
    boldaslove Posts: 323 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Who on earth wants to buy 2nd hand clothes with big holes in them.

it's amazing what you can do with stuff like that. i salvage a lot of tatty clothes and repair them or make them into something new. i was in urban outfitters a few weeks ago and they were selling off tshirts for £1 simply because the stitching had come loose at the neckline. just a couple of stitches would've made them look perfect. it was beautiful fabric too. i'm kicking myself for not buying a few, can only hope they've been recycled rather than sitting in landfill! :mad:

if you, or someone you know is nifty with sewing, things like broken zips/fasteners/pulled stitches can easily be repaired. although something riddled with holes is probably not worth it!

i've really got into dyeing clothes, it's a great way of revamping your wardrobe. it's so easy to do ombre/tie dyeing and much cheaper than buying the stuff in the shops at the moment.

this thread has inspired me to fire off an email to arcadia and ask where they send their unsold stock. i'll let you all know if i hear anything back :)
  • gslater
    Options
    Does anyone know of any Topshop clearance outlets in the North West? In particular I'm after shoes. You used to be able to pick up a bargain from a clearance shop called Steals or Jonny Monks but they seem to be closing down.
    There is a topshop warehouse in Harehills, Leeds but in order to visit you have to either work for Arcadia or know someone who does - they have an open day on the last friday of every month and the things are at cost price!!! ;O)
  • Shop_til_you_drop_2
    Options
    Thanks for that, sounds like it might be what I'm after. Do you know the exact address of the place?

Just to update the Steals situation if anyone else is interested, there is still one open in Blackburn but again it is very hit and miss. They stopped selling shoes for a few months but last week I noticed they had got them back. The stock was pretty poor quality though, mostly damaged shop returns by the look of it but its a start. According to the staff there are still branches in Lancaster and Blackpool with a warehouse also in Blackpool but I don't know the address for that.
  • mippy
    mippy Posts: 497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmm. Any update on here?
  • Yes, they've opened up a bigger version of the old shop on King Street, Blackburn. Still hit and miss, just more to go at.
  • mippy
    mippy Posts: 497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah, handy to know - my mum lives in Blackburn so may check it out when I'm next home for a visit. It's a pretty crap town centre but I love bargain shopping in the charity shops and market there!
  • hanb
    hanb Posts: 464 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone know if there's anything like this near Bristol? I heard someone mention they saw a topshop dress for a fiver at a discount store somewhere in Newport but no idea what they were talking about... Google hasn't helped me either :o(
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't find anything either, is it worth emailing them?
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Barks
    Barks Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 2 October 2012 at 5:25PM
    Options
    It wont let me post a link but if you search clothesavenue fashionwear in facebook you will find a link to a page with all last season brand new mixture of topshop and other brands. Not too sure if they do shoes but she regularly updates facebook so you can see whats in store before you go and things can be reserved.

Hope this helps x

[FONT=&quot][threadbanner]box[/threadbanner][/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family