IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
B&Q paint sale
Closed Thread
Views: 20,300
# 1
WOW Factor 0
suzukibabe
Old 01-03-2008, 3:10 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Send a message via MSN to suzukibabe
Default B&Q paint sale

B&Q have a massive paint sale at the moment, Crown colours of the world, 2.5l for 2.50, also savings on B&Q paints.
If everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride then we'd see the day when nobody died.
ROCK IT DON'T STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BE GOOD OR BE GOOD AT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's worth the prize is always worth the fight
The Following User Says Thank You to suzukibabe For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
giddy-aunt
Old 06-03-2008, 11:32 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I have just returned from B and Q. I went there last week about the paint offer and the employees did not know of such offer.
I then emailed B and Q from the website and got a response....you have to get the EAN number of your chosen paint-lots of Crown colours of the world--take it to your local store-pay for it when ordering-then B and Q telephone you up when it has arrived in the store.
This is not availible online and when you search for your local store, it states that it is out of stock.
I have just ordered 8 tins,and still looking at what other paints I could do with.
Great Buy!
# 3
Afitos
Old 06-03-2008, 3:30 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi Sorry I am probably being stupid but where do I get the number from?

When I order the paint in store will they know about the price?

Is it all crown paint?

Thanks so much for this we have two houses to paint!
# 4
Poppycat
Old 06-03-2008, 3:34 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

I bought two large tubs of B&Q emulsion yesterday for £9.99 but it wasnt on offer and didn't see any such offer at my store, wonder if this is nationwide offer

Thanks anyway
# 5
billionairelizzie
Old 06-03-2008, 3:58 PM
MoneySaving Convert

hi... just spoke to B&Q customer services the paint is deffo 2.50 and this is how you get it.. confirmed with CS 2.50 for 2.5 litres matt paint,
Go to customer services/paint ordering department and get them to search 'Crown Matt - colours of the world' (guess it would help if you got a colour chart and pre-selected before) CS said they had a lot of colours, but as a guide and if B & Q are not playing then quote this number: EAN501031479922 it's from the range but will take them into the promotion, no limit on what you order but you need to pay with oder deliver at the moment is within the week for my area... great find OP thanks i know what my OH will be doing over easter
# 6
giddy-aunt
Old 06-03-2008, 4:03 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afitos View Post
Hi Sorry I am probably being stupid but where do I get the number from?

When I order the paint in store will they know about the price?

Is it all crown paint?

Thanks so much for this we have two houses to paint!
Ok hi and what I did was
press here
You will notice a number under each of the paints. This is called an EAN number.
Take the EAN number of the paint to the customer services-who will probable say,"wow thats cheap-Im going online tonight!"
You need to double check that the price right. Mine was
Order whatever you need
It is all Crown colours of the world that are apparently discontinued-so get enough to do the job-AND MORE-for touchups..
Originally the gal in B and Q said that these were 18.00.
Hope this helps and the link works!!
The Following User Says Thank You to giddy-aunt For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
giddy-aunt
Old 15-03-2008, 11:44 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Sale finished online

This sale has stopped as I have just tried the link-
I have ordered a few tins of paint-hope they telephone me soon from B and Q to say that they are in my local shop-ordered on 6th Feb-said it would take 7 days-Ill give them until Wednesday before I fone.
# 8
trishaa
Old 16-03-2008, 1:22 AM
MoneySaving Convert

what a shame, was a good offer
# 9
giddy-aunt
Old 04-04-2008, 4:47 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default too good to be true!! B and Q paint sale.

Well its been 28 days since ordering this paint via online sale-was advised to go to customer services with the EAN number.
Told it would be 7 days-then 14 days-then oh...yip 28 days delivery to your nominated store.
OK I have more patience-just-so today the 28 day mark-so here I go and telephone my store with the the questions-WHERES MY PAINT?
I have paid for this and you have had my money for a month.
OH..UM....we will telephone you back now.
They did. Crown have discontinued this paint...yeah I know that...and they have none in stock-oh really-so no one foned me up at any point to let me know that there was no paint.
I am not amused.
I am just a bit peeved off that no one telephoned me-no one has contacted me whatsoever-taken my money oh yes-and haven't honoured their side.

This seems to have happened to me a few times now-once with Tesco Direct-Freemans and B and Q.
The customer service gal I spoke to did say that its got to be human error-humph.
Anyone know what I can do next.
Thanks
# 10
saintscouple
Old 04-04-2008, 5:01 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

By filling in this form your complaint will go to head office, who will email the store manager. The store manager then has to resolve the situation and email back with head office on how this was resolved.

To be honest, if the paint is dicontinued and no other store has stock they can transfer, there's not a lot they can do.

Apart from why don't they offer to mix the paint themselves to that colour, along with a refund of what you've paid
The Following User Says Thank You to saintscouple For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
giddy-aunt
Old 04-04-2008, 5:20 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintscouple View Post
By filling in this form your complaint will go to head office, who will email the store manager. The store manager then has to resolve the situation and email back with head office on how this was resolved.

To be honest, if the paint is dicontinued and no other store has stock they can transfer, there's not a lot they can do.

Apart from why don't they offer to mix the paint themselves to that colour, along with a refund of what you've paid
Thank you ...Ill do that right now.
Let you know what happens.
What annoys me is that they had my money for that length of time.
Will let you know what happens....cheers again.
# 12
saintscouple
Old 04-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by giddy-aunt View Post
Thank you ...Ill do that right now.
Let you know what happens.
What annoys me is that they had my money for that length of time.
Will let you know what happens....cheers again.
Yeah, please post back with what happens.
I've used the form a couple of times and always had results.
I did work at B&Q Headoffice a few years back - my old boss is now the direct of multi-channel for Pcworld, whilst his boss is now the director of marketing for Homebase - alot have jumped ship in recent years.
A friend of mine is a project manager there and has a year long assignment on the use of carrier bags.... exciting job lol.
Hopefully it won't need to be escalated any further, but if it does i can pm you a name of someone there.

I would imagine you'll recieve a call from the store manager on Wednesday next week at the latest - fingers crossed it gets resolved quickly to your satisfaction.

Forgot to add, I had a nice result from them today http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...108335&page=62

Last edited by saintscouple; 04-04-2008 at 10:13 PM.
# 13
giddy-aunt
Old 07-04-2008, 10:16 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I received a fone call from local b and q now stating that they had just got my complaint from Head Office re above-and thats all they are prepared to do is refund me.....businesses just cannot stash your money for a month and then tell you that its out of stock but they've had your money for that length of time without compensation...surely! I know its only 40.00 but was 16 tins of paint!
Im doing this out of principle-thats all.
It doesnt seem as if there is a lot else I can do now -is there?
# 14
giddy-aunt
Old 07-04-2008, 10:17 AM
MoneySaving Convert

[/quote]Forgot to add, I had a nice result from them today http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...108335&page=62[/quote]

PS Well done on your success!

Last edited by giddy-aunt; 07-04-2008 at 10:23 AM. Reason: quote
Closed Thread