Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    sparklewing
    My upping my income challenge
    • 19th Jan 08, 8:46 PM
    My upping my income challenge 19th Jan 08 at 8:46 PM
    Thought I'd share my little personal challenge with everyone. I want to pay off my mortgage before my 30th birthday, which gives me 4 years to find £110,000.

It's pretty unlikely that I'll actually achieve this but I'm aiming big.

So starting on the 15th I've been trying to find as many ways of making extra cash as possible.

Going to ebay some stuff but waiting for the next cheap listing day, have a change tin which we put all out change into plus £5 notes whcih we then transfer to savings at end of month.

Started on slice the pie and have earned £30 this week so far.
    Joined quidco and have £125 tracked
    Joined Greasypalm and have £20 in there(and a free dvd woo- more things to sell)

Have applied to mystery shop places but probably wont get a lot of those as I'm in Aberdeen.
    Have applied to AQA too just waiting to hear back, fingers crossed.
    Have tried free bingo but that was a bust. Have also joined a variety of bingo sites through quidco/greasypalm taking the amount I need to deposit to join off the cashback given(for example I joined virgin through quidco, had to deposit £50 and play half but for my £25 payout they gave me £50 cashback).
    Any more tips for me?
Page 1
  • sparklewing
    • 19th Jan 08, 9:02 PM
    • 19th Jan 08, 9:02 PM
    Hurrah just added to my fund. Joined jackpot joy through greasy palm and they gave £20 cashback for a £10 deposit, so £10 profit there.

Was playing my £10 deposit and won £60

So total jackpot profit of £70 happy bunny sparkle.

Off to withdraw the winnings before I get tempted to gamble them away.
  • andan
    • 19th Jan 08, 9:23 PM
    • 19th Jan 08, 9:23 PM
    Well done sparklewig on winning £60 and on your intended challenge. I wish you the best of luck. Have you tried matched betting, which can be found on the gambling intro board, some people have made quite a bit through doing it. Takes a while to get your head round it though.
    Live on £4500, £2531/£4500 101 in 1001 (52/101)

• sparklewing
    • 19th Jan 08, 9:33 PM
    • 19th Jan 08, 9:33 PM
    Grrrr can't withdraw my winnings until I wager another £30. Always read the small print people lol.

Upside wagering that £30 still leaves me £40 in profit and who knows maybe I'll win more :rolleyes:

Have been meaning to have a look at matched betting but need to set aside a day to sit and read all the threads properly as I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to betting(see above lol)
    • novagirl
    • By novagirl 19th Jan 08, 9:39 PM
    • 1,546 Posts
    • 3,718 Thanks
    novagirl
    • 19th Jan 08, 9:39 PM
    • 19th Jan 08, 9:39 PM
    Good luck on your challenge! Maybe try some of the other cashback sites too for some daily clicking? I do mine while listening to the tracks on slice the pie. Two birds and one stone and all that! Don't forget pigsback too!
  • sparklewing
    • 19th Jan 08, 9:44 PM
    • 19th Jan 08, 9:44 PM
    I so dont understand pigsback lol been a member for 2 years and have 0 piggypoints really need to go and read up on it sometime.
    • novagirl
    • By novagirl 19th Jan 08, 9:47 PM
    • 1,546 Posts
    • 3,718 Thanks
    novagirl
    • 19th Jan 08, 9:47 PM
    • 19th Jan 08, 9:47 PM
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=678797

voila! You'll have some vouchers (or whatever you're after) in no time!
  • sparklewing
    • 19th Jan 08, 10:05 PM
    • 19th Jan 08, 10:05 PM
    Cheers, between that and greasy palm I'm going to have a busy few days when slice the pie are between rooms.
  • sparklewing
    • 20th Jan 08, 12:02 AM
    • 20th Jan 08, 12:02 AM
    Just read the matched betting thread and think my brain went into meltdown. will try again tomorrow lol.
    • Annie021063
    • By Annie021063 20th Jan 08, 12:07 AM
    • 2,507 Posts
    • 7,976 Thanks
    Annie021063
    Good luck Sparkle I have been meaning to get my head round it too, if you mange to understand it please share:confused:
    Be Fab not Fat in 15 - 100.5 lbs lost to date

Stitching - 4 owls, New York, World, historical costume,
    Bedtime Reading-The Journey(21) (Cynthia Harrod Eagles)
    Miles run in June - 74.52
    Miles run in July - 83.54
  • scuzz
    Archerfish might be another to sign up to and libertycash. Both pay to click sites, but every little bit helps!!!

(I have referrals if you'd like to use them. Don't think I can post them here!!!)

Also have you checked out the referers board? Lots of people with ideas there
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
    • save-a-lot
    • By save-a-lot 20th Jan 08, 11:20 AM
    • 2,507 Posts
    • 2,287 Thanks
    save-a-lot
    Do you have any practical skills that you can use to gain an income. I occassionally do a plastering job for a bit extra. Do you do anything DIY for example????
  • sparklewing
    Do you have any practical skills that you can use to gain an income. I occassionally do a plastering job for a bit extra. Do you do anything DIY for example????
    Originally posted by save-a-lot

Well the simple answer to that would be no, I have no practical skills whatsoever lol.

Mr Sparkle is a painter and decorator though he doesn't work as one anymore so I could send him out to make me some cash.
    why not try mysearchfunds
    You could try mysearchfunds.com - it gives you chance to earn money while searching - I have earned 5 pounds in one week - done aprox. 100 searches or so.

Best wishes with you 110.000 before 30.

Gaurasundara Clauds that bite
    Gaurasundara
    Clowds that bite.
  • mcchell
    Agree with 1999 mysearchfunds seems to be a simple way of getting money if you search quite often. I do quizes (and sell any prizes on ebay) and its great for getting the answers, up to £1 a day average.

Also matched betting if you can get your head round it is a sure fire way to earn money, you can easily make £100 a week without trying to hard.
    • save-a-lot
    • By save-a-lot 28th Jan 08, 7:54 AM
    • 2,507 Posts
    • 2,287 Thanks
    save-a-lot
    Consuming better also ups your income, try www.fixtureferrets.co.uk to find the best deals in the supermarkets. That way your money goes that little bit further.
    • save-a-lot
    • By save-a-lot 3rd Feb 08, 1:39 AM
    • 2,507 Posts
    • 2,287 Thanks
    save-a-lot
    How's your personal challenge shaping up then...?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

546Posts Today

3,536Users online

Martin's Twitter