Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pernes
    • By pernes 19th Jan 08, 7:34 PM
    • 208Posts
    • 10Thanks
    pernes
    0 WOW
    How can I find out names of Company directors, for free?
    • 19th Jan 08, 7:34 PM
    0 WOW
    How can I find out names of Company directors, for free? 19th Jan 08 at 7:34 PM
    Hi I want to find out the names of a companies directors. I have gone to various sites and companies house but it doesn't give the info for free. is there any other way I can get them and find out if they are associated with another company, and view accounts?
    many thanks
Page 1
    • georgiac
    • By georgiac 19th Jan 08, 7:37 PM
    • 1,087 Posts
    • 502 Thanks
    georgiac
    • 19th Jan 08, 7:37 PM
    • 19th Jan 08, 7:37 PM
    No idea, sorry, but try posting here instead

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=58
  • ghiggins
    • 19th Jan 08, 8:21 PM
    • 19th Jan 08, 8:21 PM
    Try this site - worked for me

https://secure.creditgate.com/
  • ALYMAC76
    • 19th Jan 08, 8:26 PM
    • 19th Jan 08, 8:26 PM
    pm me details and will get you what i can...of course no questions asked
  • spuds
    • 19th Jan 08, 8:47 PM
    • 19th Jan 08, 8:47 PM
    It costs £1, I think, to download the company appointments report from Companies House, and it is pretty instantaneous. To get it for 'free' you need to subscribe to the service, which many businesses and agencies do.

The accounts are not available online, but if you email Companies House they will send you a list of what documents are available on a particular company. You can then order these over the 'phone, again for a small charge.
    Last edited by spuds; 19-01-2008 at 8:52 PM.
  • stiffnuts69
    • 19th Jan 08, 9:17 PM
    • 19th Jan 08, 9:17 PM

Originally posted by ghiggins
    spam / krap / rubbish
  • stiffnuts69
    • 19th Jan 08, 9:19 PM
    • 19th Jan 08, 9:19 PM
    Hi I want to find out the names of a companies directors. I have gone to various sites and companies house but it doesn't give the info for free. is there any other way I can get them and find out if they are associated with another company, and view accounts?
    many thanks
    Originally posted by pernes
    stop being so tight and pay a pound at companies house website.
  • stiffnuts69
    • 19th Jan 08, 9:21 PM
    • 19th Jan 08, 9:21 PM
    Originally posted by ALYMAC76
    You make it sound like your doing something wrong or illegal why cant the op pay a pound at companies house website and confirm for himself who the directors are, as this is public information.

No questions asked ------- Are you having a laugh
    • kipper54
    • By kipper54 19th Jan 08, 10:32 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    kipper54
    • 19th Jan 08, 10:32 PM
    Fame
    • 19th Jan 08, 10:32 PM
    Pop down to your local library and see if they subscribe to FAME (a business database) and you can get it for free.
    • moneylover
    • By moneylover 20th Jan 08, 4:18 PM
    • 1,597 Posts
    • 405 Thanks
    moneylover
    Pop down to your local library and see if they subscribe to FAME (a business database) and you can get it for free.
    Originally posted by kipper54
    Not all pubic library authorities subscribe to a business database - other than Fame there is Hoovers and Mint. However there is nothing to stop you phoning your nearest big city library which almost definitely will subscribe.
  • smzeesh
    companys directors name
    Originally posted by ALYMAC76
    hello there

can you please find me the directors details for the following company:

BEBE A'MOR LIMITED

company number is 06280746
    incorporated 15/06/07
    private limited company
    address is
    unit 2 viaduct works
    spa field new street
    huddersfield
    hd7 5bg

i will be very grateful if you can find directors name and address for this company as we they have taken our money for a travel system for our baby due in few weeks and now gone into liquidation and no contact is there.

kinds regards

Samantha
  • irace

Originally posted by ghiggins
    this works for me too, thanks
    • Apricot
    • By Apricot 18th Sep 10, 10:54 PM
    • 2,339 Posts
    • 7,486 Thanks
    Apricot
    Something doesn't seem right here, the company has been in liquidation since March 09 and was completely wound up soon after so shouldnt have been taking money since then and you wouldnt have bought a pram that early. I suggest you contact the liquidators.
    DD July 2011

Aug 13 £4235.19 £2550.00
    • Gadgetman
    • By Gadgetman 25th Nov 10, 6:58 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Gadgetman
    Director names
    Just thought I'd update this thread with a small piece of info:

If you just need the director's names, you don't even need to pay £1 on the Companies House website.

Just search on the company and when the list comes up, click on the relevant company number in the 1st column. That will give you the registered office address and a couple of other pieces of info.

Then click on "Order information on this company" and, in the list of reports you can purchase, will be individual reports on each named director.

So you have the names. If you want more info, pay your £1

PS Sorry, wanted to post the relevant clickable Companies House link but as a new user (I guess in terms of no. of posts, not duration!) I can't do that - it's companieshouse.co.uk with a www. in front!
    • slenderkitten
    • By slenderkitten 16th Feb 11, 2:23 PM
    • 854 Posts
    • 184 Thanks
    slenderkitten
    hi all

is there a way to do a search for a company name using the directors name as i have been unsuccessful with this type of search?

thanks in advance
    My Signature is MY OWN!!
    • NathanielB
    • By NathanielB 6th Sep 11, 10:30 AM
    • 37 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    NathanielB
    Why not just search for the companies domain whois? You have to put a name and address etc in your whois details for these sort of reasons, so you should be able to find the correct contact details need from using a site such as domaintools.com

Failing that, either search on companies house as suggested above or... have a look at !!!!!!!!!!!!!/ to see if they are listed on that site
    • Coopdivi
    • By Coopdivi 7th Sep 11, 7:58 PM
    • 3,185 Posts
    • 2,846 Thanks
    Coopdivi
    Alastairc, it's against forum rules for you to advertise your own website.

http://whois.domaintools.com/company-director-check.co.uk

The 484group.com website, which was only created twelve days ago looks fraudulent. But in any case it's a pay site.
  • scheming_gypsy
    I totally disagree with your remarks. There is nothing fraudulent about 484group.com
    Originally posted by nico1579

you wouldn't think that, seeing as all your posts are about them. If we used it to find the director of 484group I'm guessing we'd find you on the director list.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 16th Sep 11, 7:00 PM
    • 15,949 Posts
    • 172,915 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Out of curiosity I have just searched for several directors and two companies on that site. None of them came up.

On this basis I would not trust the information they hold.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • weaversmiths
    How to find Directors/Companies
    If you can find the name of a director of a company there is a website //company-director-check.co.uk which will give you all the companies that director is involved with, also the Companies House unique ID for that director, D.O.B, etc . You can also click into the Company's link on the site which give information on the company status. A very useful site which gives far more infomation than Companies House. It is free to use at present.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,443Posts Today

6,591Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @PapaSlavs: @MartinSLewis hi, how much per month should I typically charge my daughter board & lodgings now she's left uni and become an?

• RT @EssexHebridean: 13 years, 2 months and 6 days after taking it out, we've just paid the final lump sum off our mortgage. #MortgageFree @?

• Many first time buyers panicked about Help to Buy mortgage guarantee ending, here's my video on what it really mean? https://t.co/uGD6sG4hvl

• Follow Martin