Costco Opticians - Anyone used for contacts?

Options
Hi, I've made the plunge to try out Costco. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on Costco for contacts? I currently get alcon air optix aqua for £12/month via a high street optician (a monthly silicon hydrogel lens), just wondering what kind of deals people get on contacts and solutions through Costco?

Comments

• pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't use lenses any more, and I can't find a thread about their lenses within the 10 last years. Sorry.
  • kirsty_r
    Options
    Thank you - i haven't seen a lot about them yet online. I did pick up some solution earlier which was cheaper. (the solutions i used to get from specsavers is being discontinued so trying to find another that suits!) I have stockpiled lenses it appears, so will be cancelling my direct debit after my check up, and when i'm due new lenses will try Costco. I just wasn't sure what ranges they offered and at what prices.

I'm currently using Alcon air optix aqua (i get these through boots) but my preference is for coopervision avaira vitality (Which boots don't offer, hence my willingness to try somewhere new!) They appear to have similar price points from the online opticians.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There are posts about them on here if you use the search function, but none since about 2007. I didn't quote them as in my view, a review that old is irrelevant.

Good luck in your search. It may sound obvious, but have you tried the shopping tab on s Google search?
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know for certain that they stock Johnson and Johnson lenses and they must do Alcon now that I think about it but not sure if they stock coopervision lenses. I'd phone and ask, they're always really friendly when I've been in.
  • chou-chou
    chou-chou Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    I get my Focus DAILIES 1 from Costco - they also do my sight tests and lens checkups. I have found they are pretty good price wise. The only downside is, if they don't have my prescription in stock when I visit for a checkup(I don't buy lenses very often), they won't send them in the post so I have to go back and pick them up.
  • Emmala
    Emmala Posts: 428 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    My husband does, he gets the daily ones for playing sport. No problems so far, he has eye tests and get his glasses there too. I!!!8217;m going to take DD (13) there this time as last year I had to have her retested at SpecSvrs and I!!!8217;m still not convinced her lenses have been right.
    We are very close to Costc0 though so should there be any issues it!!!8217;s an easy thing to pop back in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure