Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 5th Jan 18, 10:07 AM
    • 5,387Posts
    • 92,217Thanks
    Blulu
    E: 00/00 DAILY CHECK, UPDATED 3pm Free DOB lottery
    • 5th Jan 18, 10:07 AM
    E: 00/00 DAILY CHECK, UPDATED 3pm Free DOB lottery 5th Jan 18 at 10:07 AM
    Free lottery. Sign up with initials and DOB, then check daily (updated at 3 pm each day) to see if you have won.

https://www.freebirthdaylotto.com

I heard about this yesterday from a friend who has just won over £100 with them.

I've given it an end date of 00/00 because I believe this is the best method with on-going competitions. If a BG wants to change it, that's fine. But I'm not prepared to come back here once a year to update it. I don't want the hassle of having to remember to come back and update threads.

Using an end date of 00/00 for on-going threads would fit in with our current system. It would make them easy to find, including end-daters. It also makes it as easy to post an on-going comp as it is to post any other comp - without having to invent a meaningless end date, and without having to remember to update anything later.

With an end date of 00/00 it would be a simple task to bump on-going threads at the start of a new year, or whenever. Sorting the board by end-date would group them all together. All the on-going threads could then quickly and easily be bumped by whoever first thought of doing it, once a year, or more often if preferred.

If folks aren't happy with my doing it this way, feel free to ask a BG to change it. As long as I don't have to mess around with it anymore, I'm honestly fine with whatever. I've done my bit by posting it. Now I'll leave it to you lot to 'play with'

I will link it to the daily thread

From a rebellious, but well-intentioned...

Blu X
    Comping fairy fly to me. Make my bells go tinkle.
    Get your dust out for the lads, and let me have a sprinkle.
Page 1
    • Blulu
    • By Blulu 5th Jan 18, 10:27 AM
    • 5,387 Posts
    • 92,217 Thanks
    Blulu
    • 5th Jan 18, 10:27 AM
    • 5th Jan 18, 10:27 AM
    To save this being bumped for discussion, I've set a chat thread about it in CCC:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5768774

Blu X
    Comping fairy fly to me. Make my bells go tinkle.
    Get your dust out for the lads, and let me have a sprinkle.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

337Posts Today

2,319Users online

Martin's Twitter