Magic Sets

Options
Hi. Long time since I've been on here. One of our precious grandchildren is having a tough time at the moment. His mum and dad are wonderful and constantly try find ways to boost his self esteem. He has just discovered that he is good at modelling balloons and can't get enough of it, " I'm actually good at this" So santa will be bringing a supply of modelling balloons. I've also suggested a magic set and my daughter agrees that he would love this. Does anyone have any suggestions of a good set. He's not quite 8 but when he is interested he works hard at perfecting new skills. Any help would be so appreciated.
Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes

Comments

• murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Marvins Magic is a good entry level brand(there are lots of different ones) that can produce very professional result - the card tricks are particularly impressive even for younger children (and I include my 55 yr old DH in this bracket lol).
    Hope your grandson can smile again soon xx
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • sethsgran
    sethsgran Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you so much. And thank you for your kindness. He is adored by a large extended family and I'm sure that with that amount of love he will get there.
    Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes
  • crystal_fire
    Options
    Have you tried The Works for the balloon modelling possibly magic tricks too, they have a 2 for £10 offer going on at the minute and I'm sure I saw balloon modelling in there! x
    :starmod:If you dance with the devil, the devil don't change. The devil changes you:starmod:
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've watched Mark Shortland several times on cruise ships and he is excellent.
    He has more than once run classes and sold individual tricks and I remember an 8 year old doing several of these at the passenger show.
    I haven't found anything online by him except something incredible expensive! I wonder if a look on his facebook page would show something useful for you. (Don't personally do facebook.........)

Had a look at a couple of magic trick sites- oh dear, dear, nothing that cheap!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure