Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tommyc123
    • By tommyc123 10th Oct 17, 12:44 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 3Thanks
    tommyc123
    Credit Resource Solutions - Debt collectors
    • 10th Oct 17, 12:44 PM
    Credit Resource Solutions - Debt collectors 10th Oct 17 at 12:44 PM
    Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

Credit Resource Solutions has asked us to clarify it does not deal with gym memberships and that this post refers to a different company with the same initials. MSE doesn't endorse anything a company says on the Forum.

Back to the original post..

---

Hi,

My wife was a member at one of these low cost no contract gyms. We have moved house so she cancelled her membership.

On the gyms website it reads:
    'If you choose the 'no contract' option then you are only obliged to pay for one months membership by direct debit and after that you may cancel your membership by notifying the OneGym you joined in writing/email'

We emailed the gym to cancel the membership however they said it was too close to the next direct debit so we agreed to pay for another month and after that for them to cancel the membership. The following month came and money was taken again depsite the cancellation request, we sent two further emails to the gym to ask for a refund and confirm the cancellation, no response was sent so we cancelled the direct debit.

She has now recieved a text message asking us to get in touch with CRS as they are chasing us for unrecieved moneys and when speaking to them is for subsequent monthly fees, how is this possible in a 'no contract' agreement?

We have since sent CRS screenshots of all the emails proving we followed all the agreed critera, however they have now gone to ground. Anyone had any experience of this? Seems very sneeky!

TC
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 12-10-2017 at 8:59 AM.
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 10th Oct 17, 1:35 PM
    • 12,178 Posts
    • 11,643 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:35 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 1:35 PM
    Hi,

You can ignore the DCA, they are just acting on behalf of there client.

Sounds like a scam to me, I would write to the gym with the points you have made above.

Don’t speak to CRS again. You don’t need to respond to a text message.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there, and delete spam.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

494Posts Today

4,432Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin