Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Aphorise
    • By Aphorise 9th Oct 17, 4:56 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Aphorise
    Working after bankruptcy.......
    • 9th Oct 17, 4:56 PM
    Working after bankruptcy....... 9th Oct 17 at 4:56 PM
    I was made bankrupt a three months ago. I am currently unemployed and live with my very supportive partner, who pays all of the bills etc. We live in his house and so there were no issues with the bankruptcy with that side of things. Our finances were independent of each other.
    I am struggling to find employment. I know that I can't be a company director but if my partner set up a limited company and he employed me to work for him would that breach any of the rules of bankruptcy. I can't seem to find anything about it on the internet. Obviously, I would need to inform the Official Receiver that I was employed and the money I was earning. Thing is that currently, I am unable to contribute towards the cost of the bills but at least doing it this way I could be paid a minimum wage and work again and get on the ladder to full time employment and feel some worth?
Page 1
    • Mouse007
    • By Mouse007 9th Oct 17, 5:59 PM
    • 98 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    Mouse007
    • 9th Oct 17, 5:59 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 5:59 PM
    ... but if my partner set up a limited company and he employed me to work for him ...
    Originally posted by Aphorise
    absolutly fine, but you may wish to guard against getting an IPA/IPO
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,214Posts Today

6,823Users online

Martin's Twitter