Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Happy_bunny
    • By Happy_bunny 5th Oct 17, 7:44 PM
    • 405Posts
    • 242Thanks
    Happy_bunny
    One last question & I press SUBMIT!
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:44 PM
    One last question & I press SUBMIT! 5th Oct 17 at 7:44 PM
    Now ready to press the button, however ....

In my own income/expenditure sheet I was almost £20 over budget - CAB adviser todays readjusts figures - I've missed a few things and underestimated others - Now my new figure is + £185 over income!

Is this acceptable? The CAB adviser has stated the amounts they've suggested are 'all within suggested amounts' and will allow me to correctly budget post BR.

I'm worried if I submit with such an excess over my current income there may be an issue - Due to disability my work is limited and finances not likely to change
Page 1
    • Butts
    • By Butts 5th Oct 17, 11:53 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Butts
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:53 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 11:53 PM
    Now ready to press the button, however ....

In my own income/expenditure sheet I was almost £20 over budget - CAB adviser todays readjusts figures - I've missed a few things and underestimated others - Now my new figure is + £185 over income!

Is this acceptable? The CAB adviser has stated the amounts they've suggested are 'all within suggested amounts' and will allow me to correctly budget post BR.

I'm worried if I submit with such an excess over my current income there may be an issue - Due to disability my work is limited and finances not likely to change
    Originally posted by Happy_bunny
    Well mine was about £160 over and they did not even mention it in my Bankruptcy Interview on Wednesday.
    • Happy_bunny
    • By Happy_bunny 6th Oct 17, 7:43 PM
    • 405 Posts
    • 242 Thanks
    Happy_bunny
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:43 PM
    • 6th Oct 17, 7:43 PM
    Well mine was about £160 over and they did not even mention it in my Bankruptcy Interview on Wednesday.
    Originally posted by Butts
    Thanks Butts

I clicked the button at T minus 10am today & have everything crossed for the BR going as quickly and well as your Nuclear thread!

Don't smoke so now have no fingernails
    • Butts
    • By Butts 7th Oct 17, 5:43 AM
    • 147 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Butts
    • 7th Oct 17, 5:43 AM
    • 7th Oct 17, 5:43 AM
    Thanks Butts

I clicked the button at T minus 10am today & have everything crossed for the BR going as quickly and well as your Nuclear thread!

Don't smoke so now have no fingernails
    Well done, look forward to hearing how you get on
    • Happy_bunny
    • By Happy_bunny 9th Oct 17, 5:47 PM
    • 405 Posts
    • 242 Thanks
    Happy_bunny
    • 9th Oct 17, 5:47 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 5:47 PM
    Application submitted midday Friday & has been approved today - Now awaiting the call from the OR!

Still unsure as to whether the speediness of the approval is a good or bad thing?!

With my application being approved do I need to do anything now or wait till the OR contacts me?
    • Butts
    • By Butts 9th Oct 17, 6:38 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Butts
    • 9th Oct 17, 6:38 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 6:38 PM
    Application submitted midday Friday & has been approved today - Now awaiting the call from the OR!

Still unsure as to whether the speediness of the approval is a good or bad thing?!

With my application being approved do I need to do anything now or wait till the OR contacts me?
    All the BR's featured on here recently seem to follow a speedy course.

They will probably ring you in the next day or two to arrange/conduct your interview.

Nothing to do other than perhaps peruse your "fib sheet" and make sure you are ready for any taxing questions in the unlikely event that they actually ask any.
    • Happy_bunny
    • By Happy_bunny 9th Oct 17, 9:34 PM
    • 405 Posts
    • 242 Thanks
    Happy_bunny
    • 9th Oct 17, 9:34 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 9:34 PM
    Nothing to do other than perhaps peruse your "fib sheet" and make sure you are ready for any taxing questions in the unlikely event that they actually ask any.
    EEEK! I'm more worried by the fact that I've never HEARD of a fib sheet than needing one! Are they likely to ask something I need to be forewarned on?
    • Butts
    • By Butts 9th Oct 17, 11:32 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Butts
    • 9th Oct 17, 11:32 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 11:32 PM
    EEEK! I'm more worried by the fact that I've never HEARD of a fib sheet than needing one! Are they likely to ask something I need to be forewarned on?
    You'll be fine - just tell the truth ...according to the gospel of your I&E
    Last edited by Butts; 09-10-2017 at 11:35 PM.
    • Happy_bunny
    • By Happy_bunny 10th Oct 17, 6:52 PM
    • 405 Posts
    • 242 Thanks
    Happy_bunny
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:52 PM
    • 10th Oct 17, 6:52 PM
    You'll be fine - just tell the truth ...according to the gospel of your I&E
    Hallelujah Brother - The Gospel it is!

OR Calling 9am Wednesday for a telephone interview, Lets hope it goes according to plan!
    • Butts
    • By Butts 10th Oct 17, 8:21 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Butts
    Hallelujah Brother - The Gospel it is!

OR Calling 9am Wednesday for a telephone interview, Lets hope it goes according to plan!
    Make sure you set your Alarm Clock

Let us know how you get on.
    • Happy_bunny
    • By Happy_bunny 11th Oct 17, 2:17 PM
    • 405 Posts
    • 242 Thanks
    Happy_bunny
    Telephone BR interview this morning - Lasted approx 40 mins.

Helpful and friendly, advised my application 'seems very straightforward' went through my figures with few questions, advised me regarding BR ect.

BRILLIANT news - he exempted my car & no IPA!

Car potentially an issue as would not be able to keep my job!

Massive thanks to everyone on this thread - Your advice has been invaluable

Changing my user name later to skint but happy bunny!
    • luvchocolate
    • By luvchocolate 11th Oct 17, 3:08 PM
    • 1,465 Posts
    • 1,320 Thanks
    luvchocolate
    Oh that is brilliant news!! so pleased for you.
    Now just get on with your life, but please keep in touch x
    • Butts
    • By Butts 11th Oct 17, 9:10 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Butts
    Bet you are hopping around like a very happy bunny - well done !!
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 11th Oct 17, 11:02 PM
    • 11,369 Posts
    • 8,533 Thanks
    fatbelly
    We've been getting a lot of good feedback recently about how fair the OR has been. Well done that department!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

355Posts Today

2,423Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin