Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Croftys
    • By Croftys 4th Oct 17, 11:04 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Croftys
    Now self-employed EEK!
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:04 PM
    Now self-employed EEK! 4th Oct 17 at 11:04 PM
    Hey experts!

Long story short, my mortgage deal is due to end April 2018 and Iím with Nationwide, generally they have offered me an early rate to continue with them. This time itís different, and Iím interested to know how my new circumstances might alter their reaction.

My wife is now Part-Time
    We have a dependant (5 months)
    Iím now self-employed!!! (From this week)

GASP!

Have I got any chance in hell of getting a decent rate?

120k left against 210k
Page 1
    • amnblog
    • By amnblog 5th Oct 17, 7:25 AM
    • 9,867 Posts
    • 3,822 Thanks
    amnblog
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:25 AM
    • 5th Oct 17, 7:25 AM
    Your situation will not affect your options with your current Lender, only with a new Lender.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,629Posts Today

6,885Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin