Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • inflationbuster
    • By inflationbuster 4th Oct 17, 10:09 PM
    • 129Posts
    • 29Thanks
    inflationbuster
    Company Pensions to SIPP
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:09 PM
    Company Pensions to SIPP 4th Oct 17 at 10:09 PM
    Hoping this is not a silly question.

I have one closed pension (company) and one running pension with my current employee. It appears both have a retirement age of 60.

If later in life l wanted to transfer both to a SIPP (assuming l retired in my 40s) would l be able to access cash from 55 onward? My reason for asking is that it appears a SIPP has an earlier retirement age and possibly a workaround to accessing my pension earlier than 60?

I do have investment experience so i'd want a SIPP to manage my pension cash.
Page 1
    • LHW99
    • By LHW99 4th Oct 17, 10:26 PM
    • 998 Posts
    • 854 Thanks
    LHW99
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:26 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:26 PM
    Depends what type of pensions they are - DB pensions are not that easy to transfer, even if its a suitable thing to do.
    Also 55 is the current early access point - that may rise to 10 years below SPA in due course.
    So if SPA becomes age 70 in a few years time, you won't be able to access a SIPP any earlier than the company pensions.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,500Posts Today

6,166Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin