Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Inga
    • By Inga 4th Oct 17, 10:05 AM
    • 61Posts
    • 9Thanks
    Inga
    0 WOW
    Grocery Budgeting
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:05 AM
    0 WOW
    Grocery Budgeting 4th Oct 17 at 10:05 AM
    Does anyone use an app to monitor food spending and help with budgeting?

I would like to analyse what I am spending on food to see how I can budget better but don't have time to enter everything into Excel or the like, would love to scan receipts into a programme that would do it for me.
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 8th Oct 17, 7:59 AM
    • 30,419 Posts
    • 19,230 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 8th Oct 17, 7:59 AM
    • 8th Oct 17, 7:59 AM
    Where do you shop ?

When do you shop ?

If you enter what you buy into mysupermarket it will compare the goods with the top 4 well 6 if you include Waitrose and Iceland.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 8th Oct 17, 10:31 AM
    • 15,298 Posts
    • 21,829 Thanks
    antrobus
    • 8th Oct 17, 10:31 AM
    • 8th Oct 17, 10:31 AM
    ...If you enter what you buy into mysupermarket it will compare the goods with the top 4 well 6 if you include Waitrose and Iceland.
    Originally posted by DCFC79
    Aldi is no 5, Co-Op No 6. Waitrose might still be no 7, although it's only a matter of time before Lidl overtakes. Iceland is well behind at no 8.

https://www.kantarworldpanel.com/en/grocery-market-share/great-britain

P.S. Mysupermarket don't do Co-Op.
    • Inga
    • By Inga 9th Oct 17, 3:06 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Inga
    • 9th Oct 17, 3:06 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 3:06 PM
    I was thinking more of an app where you could scan your receipts and then analyse what you are spending your money on.

I was watching one of the programmes on TV about food spending and the presenter said there are apps out there to do just that but I haven't been able to find any. I am wondering if she was talking about a full accounting programme.

If I could find an app that would scan my receipts I would be well pleased.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,751Posts Today

6,903Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin