Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • wotnoshoeseh
    • By wotnoshoeseh 2nd Oct 17, 9:10 PM
    • 212Posts
    • 20Thanks
    wotnoshoeseh
    Norwegian Air - NY
    • 2nd Oct 17, 9:10 PM
    Norwegian Air - NY 2nd Oct 17 at 9:10 PM
    Hi all,

Looking at going to NYC shortly (4 in family) and was wondering if anyone had used the new Norwegian Air service out of BFS, and if so, if they could give me some feedback on the service.

I know there is a long(ish) airport transfer which is $20 each way per person but even with that the prices look tempting.

Any and all feedback gratefully received.

Cheers,
    D
    Cheers,
    wotnoshoeseh
Page 1
    • Zola.
    • By Zola. 4th Oct 17, 11:53 AM
    • 1,050 Posts
    • 390 Thanks
    Zola.
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:53 AM
    • 4th Oct 17, 11:53 AM
    Not sure, but I have booked out of Dublin in January. 390 for both of us return! Bargain...
    • wotnoshoeseh
    • By wotnoshoeseh 4th Oct 17, 6:15 PM
    • 212 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    wotnoshoeseh
    • 4th Oct 17, 6:15 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 6:15 PM
    Not sure, but I have booked out of Dublin in January. 390 for both of us return! Bargain...
    Originally posted by Zola.
    That's a great price, but at the time I want to go it's substantially more expensive ex. Dublin, hence my question about the Norwegian Air.

If anyone has any experiences to share - good and/or bad - I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Cheers,
    wotnoshoeseh
    • jetboy
    • By jetboy 6th Oct 17, 1:06 AM
    • 510 Posts
    • 149 Thanks
    jetboy
    • 6th Oct 17, 1:06 AM
    • 6th Oct 17, 1:06 AM
    Here's what I know about NAI and what to consider:

The aircraft are pretty new and the service is on a par with easyjet as is the seat pitch. They are better than Ryanair but like all loco's you pay for everything including seat allocation and bags on the long haul services so factor that in. There are no in flight entertainment screens so bring films on your tablet. Some aircraft have wifi.
    The NY service goes to Stewart which is some way away from NYC. There is a bus but apparently it's as quick (and cheaper) to go into the local town and get a train.
    there are no interline connections and few regional services from Stewart.
    The service isn't daily. If it gets cancelled you might wait days for another service into BFS. They may offer you DUB/SNN or have been known to send people to EDI instead. This is where the lack of interline partners starts to bite as coming into to winter you can guarantee weather delays or cancellations.
    These aircraft are small by Atlantic standards and the ocean weather can be pretty rough in winter. If you don't fly well you might prefer choosing a wide body service.
    At present the loads on both routes from BFS aren't great. Good if you want extra space but increases the risk of cancellations.
    Like Ryanair, Norwegian have some crewing problems but not as severe as Mr O'leary's issues.
    They are losing a lot of money (shed loads of it) but are seemingly well backed by The Norwegian Oil industry and alike.

Personally, if the return is around £200-250 including bags and seat allocation then I'd give it a go. More than that or if your time is precious and you really need back around a given date then I'd be looking at DUB.
    Timmay!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,226Posts Today

9,298Users online

Martin's Twitter