Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nyawton
    • By nyawton 2nd Oct 17, 9:53 AM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    nyawton
    Right to Aquire, Mortage
    • 2nd Oct 17, 9:53 AM
    Right to Aquire, Mortage 2nd Oct 17 at 9:53 AM
    Hello all, Me and my wife have just been approved for a right to aquire scheme in our current house.

We are now waiting for a valuation & offer of a discount.

We currently have no funds for a deposit, Am I correct in thinking that the discount can be used in place of a deposit? I believe we will be offered anywhere from 1 to 16%... I have no idea how this is worked out, if anyone can help answer these I would be grateful.
Page 1
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 2nd Oct 17, 2:05 PM
    • 4,860 Posts
    • 9,799 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 2nd Oct 17, 2:05 PM
    • 2nd Oct 17, 2:05 PM
    You can use it as a deposit, however, depending on how much the house is worth and what mortgage you can raise, it may not be enough (Anything below 5% is unlikely to fly) and then it depends on your income.

You will have to factor your recent loan into your afforability as well.
    Last edited by marliepanda; 02-10-2017 at 2:14 PM.
    Survey Earnings 2017 - £163
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 3rd Oct 17, 7:50 AM
    • 4,012 Posts
    • 2,497 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:50 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:50 AM
    I hope you have fully thought this through, in exchange of a safe tenancy for long term, you will be responsible for all repairs now and any lease renewals if applicable.

Fall behind on mortgage payments and you could lose your home and be homeless. The council may regard you as intentionally homeless

Do you know how much a broken boiler or new roof if applicable costs? I am concerned you do not have any deposit/savings as maintaining a home is quite expensive.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,799Posts Today

6,969Users online

Martin's Twitter