Payday refund help please

Options
Hello All

Have only just joined the forum so this is my first post, be gentle!

I've had PDLs from a few companies over the years and have just sent in refund claims, the companies involved are

Wonga - 15 loans between October 12 and April 14, varied amounts between £40 and £460, usually paid off within 1 or 2 months with a reloan very quickly afterwards. Zero balance outstanding (they declined a reloan back in April '14 - best thing that could have happened looking back now)

Wage Day Advance - 20 loans between December 2010 and February 2017, amounts between £80 and £535 (the amounts fluctuated, sometimes the loan was higher than previously - sometimes lower, some gaps - no borrowing from Nov 13 to Sept 14 for example). Currently have a reduced payment agreement in place and interest has been frozen.

Both Wonga and WageDayAdvance have replied to my initial contact (15th August) which stated I was making an affordability complaint and wanted details of my loans history. I've subsequently sent a second email giving further details and putting in a claim for compensation.

The other company is Sunny who replied to my initial email saying they would provide a final response within 8 weeks but haven't provided the loan history I asked for. I have also sent them the second email requesting compensation but they haven't responded to that one.

I'm not sure of my history with them, probably about 10 loans over the last couple of years, currently have an agreement to pay reduced payments to clear these. Not all were PDLs - some of the latter ones were the short term loans that they rebranded too.

Is there anything else I need to be doing? Does the 8 week timescale for them to respond start from when I submitted my first email which stated I was making an affordability complaint (15th Aug)? Or when I sent the second email (4th September)?

Do you think there's a chance of a refund?

Apologies for rambling, any advice gratefully received.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport