Trouble getting access for valuation

Options
Bank are wanting to do valuation on flat we have made offer on and have contacted the vendors.
The vendors both work and can not be at the property until after 3pm - the valuation team only work until 3pm. The vendors want to be present. Any ideas on how we can get round this?

Comments

• davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You tell the vendors that if they want to vend they'll either need to take time off work or arrange for someone else to be there on their behalf.

Though the valuers not working after 3pm sounds ridiculous.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    The vendors will need to back down as you are unlikely to get a company that large to bend their working pattern.

The only alternative would be to see if the lender can panel it out to another surveyors, but that is probably unlikely.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Either they want to sell or they don't.

Tell them to grow up.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • dimbo61
    dimbo61 Posts: 13,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Are the using an estate agents ?
  • jack290292
    Options
    No - it's a shared ownership. They are selling their % through the help-to-buy website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure