Where to buy spices

I don't live anywhere near an Asian supermarket but would like to buy my spices in larger quantise than I can find locally. Certainly in larger quantise than you find in those little supermarkets jars!

Can anyone offer me an online address where I can buy in larger quantise.

Thanks

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I have a similar issue and buy more exotic spices and ingredients from Amazon, recently got some dried Limes for a recipe. I tend to buy in small quantities as spices loose their pungency over time.

The Range do larger tubs of some spices, or try a wholesaler like Booker? Or try the World foods section of supermarkets, where they sell bigger packs of more popular spices.
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • kah22
    kah22 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Thanks for getting back.

Try putting your spices in the freezer, it freeze dries them so they loose very little of their original taste.

The freezer is great for vacuum packed coffee once you open it
  • Online company SPICES OF INDIA is superb. Very good to deal with and affordable prices as well as doing Indian Cookware and groceries too!
  • bengalknights
    bengalknights Posts: 5,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morrisions and Tesco stock the large volume quantitys in there world food aisles

Bookers also have them
  • Carrot007
    Carrot007 Posts: 4,534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morrisions and Tesco stock the large volume quantitys in there world food aisles

Bookers also have them

Asda too. Though in all of them recently they seem to be stocking 500g packed instead of 1kg's. Though the price is not too much worse, and it certainly beats those 50g jars!
  • All depends where you actually live

P&P makes most web sites too expensive for me, seems if you aren't mainland uk you are treated like you live in Outer Mongolia , even though Royal Mail delivers daily

I have on Tesco that does the bags of the most common Indian spices. For Chinese bits I need I ask my local takeaway to pick up bits for me when they are ordering ( can not get chilli bean paste for love nor money)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    when I go to my sis-in-laws in Faversham I like to stock up from the local Macknade farm shop as they sell small amounts in cellofane packets which is enough for me andgood value from 45p upwards.More than enough to fill those schwartz jars up at a fraction of the price
  • jackyann
    jackyann Posts: 3,433 Forumite
    Bit of a long shot, but these have fantastic spices:

https://www.dailybread.co.uk/

I do a monthly stock up as I have a regular appointment near ones of their stores, but I've occasionally had a delivery - free over £50.
    That sounds a lot for spices, but when you see their range of other excellent quality food, it isn't difficult!

I buy as much from them as I possibly can, they do very good community work, and are well worth supporting.
  • if you have an Asian supermarket near you they do bigger/more economic packs. Also if you have a Tiger store in your town they do a number of different packs of herbs & spices for £1
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    kah22 wrote: »

The freezer is great for vacuum packed coffee once you open it

Until recently I believed this; DD has been working for a coffee company as part of her Uni course, and advises me, now, NOT to freeze coffee.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family