Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • damo24
    • By damo24 17th Jul 17, 1:35 PM
    • 291Posts
    • 197Thanks
    damo24
    Has anyone had experience of Mortgage Simplicity borker?
    • 17th Jul 17, 1:35 PM
    Has anyone had experience of Mortgage Simplicity borker? 17th Jul 17 at 1:35 PM
    Hi,

I am just about to start the process of applying for a mortgage but have quite unusual circumstances so will be using a broker and was wondering if anyone had experience of using Mortgage Simplicity.

I previously had a house which was repossessed in 2009 when I lost my job and became ill. At the time of the repossession a TPP was set-up whereby I pay £1 per month and this is still in effect.

Due to the age of the repossession, this no longer appears on my credit report and I have a perfect credit score (999 on Experian and 5/5 on Noddle).

I am 42 so any mortgage would run past my (current) state retirement age by about 6-9 months but have a personal pension plan and an old works one which kicks in at 60.

In preparation for this, I have had initial conversations with different brokers.

I spoke with L&C who were very polite and friendly but I felt that they were following a script and we not really taking account of my past.

I tried Trinity Financial and was VERY disappointed. I left a message and waited 4 days for a return call. I couldn't answer the call at the time and called back the next day. The person who answered said that he could not help me and I would have to speak to the person who left the message. I explained that he didn't leave a name and that I was making an initial call but he insisted that I would have to call back the person who called me.

Finally I spoke with Mortgage Simplicity. The person I spoke to was very helpful, knowledgeable, and took the time to listen to my circumstances.

I am very tempted to follow my gut and go back to mortgage simplicity but I have not been able to find any reviews of the company. Does anyone have any experience of Mortgage Simplicity or can you recommend an alternative broker?

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 17th Jul 17, 5:29 PM
    • 55,161 Posts
    • 48,363 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 17th Jul 17, 5:29 PM
    • 17th Jul 17, 5:29 PM
    At the time of the repossession a TPP was set-up whereby I pay £1 per month and this is still in effect.
    Originally posted by damo24
    You'll need to declare the debt on your application. Won't look good that you are still only repaying a £1 a month. Yet have managed to accumulate a deposit. Relationships are two way. Don't be surprised if some lenders aren't interested.
    “ “Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. The time of maximum pessimism is the best time to buy, and the time of maximum optimism is the best time to sell.” Sir John Marks Templeton
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,332Posts Today

6,968Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin