Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 12th Jul 17, 12:55 PM
    • 1,514 Posts
    • 6,666 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    • 12th Jul 17, 12:55 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 12:55 PM
    Registration required
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1681.5
    This week 64.8
  • National Numeracy
    • 12th Jul 17, 1:04 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 1:04 PM
    Just to add: the Challenge website is free but it does require an email address so that we can email participants with their results and other support (no spam!).

We also ask for your name so that users can print personalised certificates as evidence of getting the Essentials of Numeracy or show their numeracy level.
    Official Organisation Representative
    I’m the official organisation rep for National Numeracy. MSE has given permission for me to post letting you know about relevant and useful info. You can see my name on the organisations with permission to post list. If you believe I've broken the Forum Rules please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. This does NOT imply any form of approval of my organisation by MSE
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 12th Jul 17, 2:23 PM
    • 8,325 Posts
    • 20,420 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:23 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:23 PM
    Thanks for that, great stuff

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 12th Jul 17, 2:37 PM
    • 3,069 Posts
    • 6,804 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:37 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:37 PM
    Since I'm about as worried about registering for the test as I am about registering to post on MSE, and my level of worry is "not at all", I registered.

I scored 98. One I got wrong through not using a calculator, just approximating in my head (and not working it out accurately, not realising that "none of the above" as an option meant I really needed to work it out to at least one decimal place), and another because I conflated the two scales on the graph so did the wrong sums.

edit - which will teach me not to blat through it really fast as my lunch hour had run out
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • Chris25
    • By Chris25 12th Jul 17, 2:56 PM
    • 11,990 Posts
    • 11,352 Thanks
    Chris25
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:56 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:56 PM
    I haven't completed it but saved what I've done - I wish you could see how many more questions to have to do as I didn't realise it would take so long. Probably would have been better if I'd used a calculator on some of them - wouldn't have taken so long.
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 13th Jul 17, 12:45 AM
    • 10,150 Posts
    • 18,205 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    • 13th Jul 17, 12:45 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 12:45 AM
    58 but I have pretty severe dyscalculia.
    I finished my degree!! AA100, DD102, U214, A230, A363, E302 (Complete) OU BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit- results 07/17
    Proud to be the WFC!!! #TeamWoody
    Will always miss you Elle and will never forget you, brightest star in the sky 😢
    • SamsReturn
    • By SamsReturn 15th Jul 17, 3:10 PM
    • 348 Posts
    • 681 Thanks
    SamsReturn
    • 15th Jul 17, 3:10 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 3:10 PM
    I couldn't complete it. Once it went past 10, i would have needed to take my shoes & socks off.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,681Posts Today

8,963Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin