Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 12th Jul 17, 12:55 PM
    • 1,662 Posts
    • 7,308 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    • 12th Jul 17, 12:55 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 12:55 PM
    Registration required
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 miles in 2017 - 1957.3
    This week 73.5
  • National Numeracy
    • 12th Jul 17, 1:04 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 1:04 PM
    Just to add: the Challenge website is free but it does require an email address so that we can email participants with their results and other support (no spam!).

We also ask for your name so that users can print personalised certificates as evidence of getting the Essentials of Numeracy or show their numeracy level.
    Official Organisation Representative
    I’m the official organisation rep for National Numeracy. MSE has given permission for me to post letting you know about relevant and useful info. You can see my name on the organisations with permission to post list. If you believe I've broken the Forum Rules please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. This does NOT imply any form of approval of my organisation by MSE
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 12th Jul 17, 2:23 PM
    • 8,371 Posts
    • 20,461 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:23 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:23 PM
    Thanks for that, great stuff

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 12th Jul 17, 2:37 PM
    • 3,187 Posts
    • 7,090 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:37 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:37 PM
    Since I'm about as worried about registering for the test as I am about registering to post on MSE, and my level of worry is "not at all", I registered.

I scored 98. One I got wrong through not using a calculator, just approximating in my head (and not working it out accurately, not realising that "none of the above" as an option meant I really needed to work it out to at least one decimal place), and another because I conflated the two scales on the graph so did the wrong sums.

edit - which will teach me not to blat through it really fast as my lunch hour had run out
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • Chris25
    • By Chris25 12th Jul 17, 2:56 PM
    • 12,330 Posts
    • 11,767 Thanks
    Chris25
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:56 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 2:56 PM
    I haven't completed it but saved what I've done - I wish you could see how many more questions to have to do as I didn't realise it would take so long. Probably would have been better if I'd used a calculator on some of them - wouldn't have taken so long.
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 13th Jul 17, 12:45 AM
    • 10,169 Posts
    • 18,244 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    • 13th Jul 17, 12:45 AM
    • 13th Jul 17, 12:45 AM
    58 but I have pretty severe dyscalculia.
    Very proud to be Open University BA (Hons) English Lang and Lit- New 2:1 Graduate! :❤️ MA English begins 09/17
    WFC and happy sponsor for Season 2! 🐝
    Will always miss you Elle and will never forget you, brightest star in the sky 😢
    • SamsReturn
    • By SamsReturn 15th Jul 17, 3:10 PM
    • 742 Posts
    • 1,381 Thanks
    SamsReturn
    • 15th Jul 17, 3:10 PM
    • 15th Jul 17, 3:10 PM
    I couldn't complete it. Once it went past 10, i would have needed to take my shoes & socks off.
    • Superscrooge
    • By Superscrooge 26th Jul 17, 9:45 AM
    • 848 Posts
    • 589 Thanks
    Superscrooge
    • 26th Jul 17, 9:45 AM
    • 26th Jul 17, 9:45 AM
    I haven't completed it but saved what I've done - I wish you could see how many more questions to have to do as I didn't realise it would take so long. Probably would have been better if I'd used a calculator on some of them - wouldn't have taken so long.
    Originally posted by Chris25
    There are 100 questions so it does take quite a long time. I scored 96, Some questions very easy, But later questions more diffiicult (at least for me!)
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 26th Jul 17, 9:56 AM
    • 7,945 Posts
    • 26,466 Thanks
    fairy lights
    I got bored and gave up after ten minutes.
    I think I need to do an 'essentials of paying attention' course.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 26th Jul 17, 10:21 AM
    • 27,996 Posts
    • 102,136 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I got bored and gave up after ten minutes.
    I think I need to do an 'essentials of paying attention' course.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    To be honest, so did I, especially when the type of problem got repeated.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • madmum8335
    • By madmum8335 26th Jul 17, 12:00 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    madmum8335
    93. When I checked my wrong answers, realised I'd misread a couple of the questions.
    Ought to practise what I preach, I'm a TA!!
    • rederic
    • By rederic 26th Jul 17, 12:34 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    rederic
    Dissapointed
    took the test and did not expect to get them all right but when checking those it said I had got wrong found the right answer was the one I had picked. Very confused!
    • greyfox
    • By greyfox 26th Jul 17, 1:05 PM
    • 439 Posts
    • 2,418 Thanks
    greyfox
    took the test and did not expect to get them all right but when checking those it said I had got wrong found the right answer was the one I had picked. Very confused!
    Originally posted by rederic
    I think there must be a glitch as I'd picked the correct answer to all the questions I got "wrong", too!
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 26th Jul 17, 1:50 PM
    • 7,626 Posts
    • 30,793 Thanks
    Flick216
    I did not get a brilliant score - I did well on all but the Shapes, Space & Measure bit - my score was woeful in that - which actually makes sense as I have extremely poor spacial awareness. Sadly it was so bad it brought mu whole score down!
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots

Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
  • National Numeracy
    Hi Rederic and Greyfox, thanks for trying out the Challenge - there shouldn't be any problems but if you can tell us which questions caused the issue then we'll look into it.

On the wrong answers page, the answer you picked is highlighted in red and the correct answer is not indicated.

We don't indicate the correct answers on this page as the Check-Up is an assessment and, to maintain its integrity, we can't allow the 'right answers' to be in circulation. We show which questions were got wrong without giving additional explanation, but the learning resources area of the Challenge explains the workings of each area of numeracy.

Having said that, we are very happy to take emails or calls if explanation of specific questions is needed!
    Official Organisation Representative
    I’m the official organisation rep for National Numeracy. MSE has given permission for me to post letting you know about relevant and useful info. You can see my name on the organisations with permission to post list. If you believe I've broken the Forum Rules please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. This does NOT imply any form of approval of my organisation by MSE
    • Potato Fist
    • By Potato Fist 26th Jul 17, 3:20 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    Potato Fist
    I scored 34

Maths has always been my one weakness.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 26th Jul 17, 4:03 PM
    • 49,596 Posts
    • 135,716 Thanks
    colinw
    I thought this would be quick currently losing the will to live....
    • colinw
    • By colinw 26th Jul 17, 4:12 PM
    • 49,596 Posts
    • 135,716 Thanks
    colinw
    I got 95 out of 100 eventually......
    • Twopints
    • By Twopints 26th Jul 17, 4:15 PM
    • 1,369 Posts
    • 1,834 Thanks
    Twopints
    I think there must be a glitch as I'd picked the correct answer to all the questions I got "wrong", too!
    Originally posted by greyfox
    Same here - the question was about spend per annum on debit & credit cards
    Not even wrong
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,257Posts Today

7,557Users online

Martin's Twitter